Chapter 58

Arias POV

      Jacob and I stayed there, with his arms wrapped around me, for a while. My lower area didn't ache that much anymore. My fingers just traced the ink of Jacob's biceps. It was a tattoo wrapped around his upper right arm. It looked like scales of an animal. It was black ink. I followed the ink to reveal the head of a dragon.

"I still need to shower." I softly say. He presses a kiss to the top of my head.

"Okay. I'll join you." He says.

"What? Why?"

He takes a couple moments to answer.

"To conserve water." He says with witty smile.

"Well, aren't you smart?" I sarcastically remark.

"Very."

I just sigh.

"Please." He pouts. I look up at his adorable face.

"Fine." I give in. I slowly sit up. I pick up Jacobs shirt from the floor and slip it on. As Jacob gets up, he strips the bed of the comforter. I cringe at the bit of blood on the sheets.

Way to go virgin. My subconscious tells me.

"I'll throw them out after we shower." He tells me.

He strips the bed of the sheets and bunches them up. He puts it in a pile in the corner of the room.

I head into the bathroom. I go over to the shower and turn on the warm water. I take off Jacob's shirt and hang it on the towel rack. I step into the shower and after a couple seconds, so does Jacob. I let the warm water splash my back. As my hair is drenched, the water pushes it in front of my face, so I smooth it back. I look up to see Jacob smiling at me.

"What?" I raise my brow.

"Nothing. I just can't believe that I have the most beautiful woman in the world." He fondly says and I can feel the pink color covering my cheeks.

My eyes go to his arms and body.

"Which one is your favorite?" I ask as he goes under the water to soak his hair.

"Of what?"

"Of your tattoos." I clear it up.

"Don't have one. Do you have a favorite tattoo of mine?" He smirks. I look at the moth on his abs. I look at the three pure black crows tattooed on his chest. I look over to the small, dark angel wing on his left shoulder. Then, I look at the rose stem wrapped around his left arm, ending with a dead rose bud. He has many more and I can't decide.

"Can't choose." I say.

I reach for my shampoo bottle, but I can't find it anywhere.

"Use mine." He hands me his.

I happily oblige. I love having his scent wrapped around me. I lather my hair with Jacob's shampoo and rinse off. Jacob quickly washes his hair. He grabs the sponge, rubbing it with soap creating foam. I make some foam and place it around his face making it look like a beard. I softly giggle.

"Very funny." He says sarcastically. He rinses himself. He places foam on the side of my cheeks.

"Cute." He comments. We both rinse the foam off our faces.

My head fill with shower thoughts. I mostly think about how much my life has changed since Jacob. Not that my life was that normal before, but it certainly wasn't gangs and fights hectic. I know that my life is hanging on a thread and I don't even care. I've never really cared about myself that much. I can be walking down the street on my own and get kidnapped by someone who wants to hurt Jacob, but I don't care that much. I'm just happy that I'm with Jacob. It's twisted. I know. Jacob loving me does make my life dangerous, but I love him just as much. It does scare me. It really does. The only thing that scares me more than being taken is losing Jacob. I know that this way of life isn't the safest.