Chapter 42

Jacobs POV

      I look out Aria's window. It's late as fuck, but there's always movement out on the street. I check my phone. It's past midnight, I've been here for two hours. I gotta get back to the house. They're all expecting me.

I don't even wanna leave. I don't wanna leave her. All I've been doing is listening to her breathing in and out. Her hand makes a small fist around a piece of shirt. I play with strands of her hair. I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer. She starts to stir, but stays asleep. Her hair falls on her face and I tuck it behind her ear.

Have you ever thought about a person and thought, no one can be that beautiful. No person is that amazing, that perfect. Aria is. I use to not give a shit about anything, anyone, not even my self. Now, the only thing I care about is this infuriating brunette.

I check my phone again. Fuck. I need to go. It's twelve thirty. I kiss her on the forehead.

Dammit.

She's starts to stir and her brown eyes meet with mine.

"Jacob?" She mumbles. Her voice is soft and sleepy.

"Hey, I have to go back to my place now." I tell her.

"Okay, you can use the front door. Just lock it, there's a key under the flower pot outside."
She says. She starts to close her eyes again.

"Okay." I sigh. She looks up at me again. I kiss her on the forehead again. She smiles. I place a kiss on her lips. She kisses me back, it's slow and soft.

I've never kissed anyone like that before. It never meant shit to me before. Right now, if she asked me to stay he whole night, I would. But it isn't fair to her.

"Goodnight beautiful." I say as I get up.

"Goodnight." She lazily smiles, her voice still sleepy. I grab my shoes and head downstairs.

I sit on the couch and slide my shoes on. I go outside and get the key just like she told me. I lock the door and head back home.

"Finally! You've been gone for over two hours man." Adrian says as I walk through the door. "Where'd you get off to? Reagan's booty call?"

"Ha ha." I roll my eyes as he laughs.

"Do you have my money?" He smirks.

"Yes." I sigh. I walk into my room and grab three hundred dollars from my bottom drawer. I walk back into the kitchen.

"Here, dick." I mutter. He just laughs and slips it into his back pocket.

"Pleasure doing business with ya, Delgado." He says. I just roll my eyes.

"Hey, you're back. Did you do it yet?" Jace asks sternly.

"No, but I will do it this week. I swear." I tell him.

"You better. You know it's the only way Jacob."
He says, still in all seriousness.

"Yes, I know." I tell him for the hundredth time in the past forty-eight hours.

I pull out my phone and start texting. I need to get rid of this fucking pain. I need to forget.

Me: hey are you free right now

It takes her a while to respond. I haven't seen her since Saturday morning. It's fucking past one in the morning on a Tuesday.

R: yes why?

Me: come over

R: okay. On my way

About twenty minutes pass before Reagan walks through the front door.