Chapter 31

Arias POV

"Jacob?" I whisper. I feel like the wind has literally been knocked out of me. I remove my eyes from the torturing blue-green ones.

"Hm? What'd you say?" Tara chirps.

"Nothing I just said Mm cause of the strawberries with chocolate, they are so good." I give her a convincing enough smile.

"Um not to creep you out or anything but that guy has been staring at you for while now just saying." She states and I already know she's referring to Jacob. I look back and he looks away to face . . . Oh my god.

He's not the only one here. It's also Aaron along with Jace and Jake.

What the hell are they doing here?

"Are you enjoying the party Aria?" Tara's step mom asks me. She is very pretty. She has pretty blue eyes like Drew which I'm guessing is her child in the whole step brother and sister thing. She's a red head. Her curly locks are made into a beautiful bun. She's wearing a long silver dress. I can see why Tara's dad would marry her apart from her trusting smile and kind personality.

"Very much, thank you." I smile at her.

"Good and again Tara's father really appreciates you being here." She reassures me.

"Thank you I'm glad to be here." I say half lie. I mean it would be completely true if it weren't for Jacob being here. She smiles and nods and dismisses herself.

"So how long have Drew's mother and your father been together or married?" I ask Tara as she licks frosting off a cupcake.

"Well they were together for a year then engaged for a year then married for ten so they've been together for twelve years." She says throwing the cupcake wrapper away.

"Oh so what about your mom?" I ask her.

"Oh she owns a penthouse and she's the head department for Chanel and not to mention she's really getting to the top quickly of Ralph Lauren." She beams. She seems really proud of her mother.

"Wow, that's really impressive." I tell her. I'm glad she's really happy although her parent aren't together. It seems that she likes it better this way.

"Do you wish they would have stayed together?" I mentally punch myself for asking a personal question but she doesn't seem to mind.

"Well it would be fine either way. Drew is a great brother. It's nice to have a sibling who has your back even if you aren't related and it's nice to have a super fashion mom." She smiles. "I mean everything happens for a reason right?"

Not everything.

"Yeah, of course."

Jacobs POV

     It's finally fucking friday and I really didn't wanna do this shit. I mean sure I'll beat a few idiots and get the information to retrieve the money. But not in a fucking suit. Well also another reason. He's going to be there. He announced it and fuck man. That's why Jace wanted to go. Although Jace doesn't know that the little fucker is my father. He owns a multi million dollar company that reinforces security around the city. He has the police at his back and call for sure. He wants to kill him before he can find us and eliminate us all. Jake doesn't know either. Only Aaron.