Chapter 28

Arias POV

I swear I can feel sweat pools starting in my hands. It's not even hot in here. There's an A/C with a thermostat right next to it. It's only at sixty six fahrenheit in here. But it feels like one hundred degrees and like the room shrinking by the minute. Okay, I should calm down. Maybe he won't see me. I can feel my tongue getting dry. Where is Drew? I just asked for a ginger ale and almost twenty minutes have gone by. I look to my left again and see Drew. He's faced towards Rick blocking me from his view. As soon as Drew turns around I turn around quickly making sure Rick doesn't see my face.

I sure hope he doesn't recognize me from the back. I would like to think that he can't recognize someone from behind. I mean I can well sort of.

"Hey are you okay? You look worried or tired." Sierra says resting her elbows on the counter.

"Yeah I'm fine just waiting for my drink." I say and give her a convincing smile. I try make small talk with her to make myself distracted. Then she turns around to talk to a guy.

He has caramel eyes with a smile that seems way too white and pitch black hair with blonde streaks going right through. I don't really like hair like that but hey it looks good on him. Looks like Sierra is going to be lost in those caramel eyes all day. I try looking for Danny so I can have someone to hang out with but when I spot him he's with a bunch of guys and close to where Rick is sitting. So there is no way I am going over there. I start to get impatient waiting for my drink. Until I spot the dark blonde hair.

"Here is your ginger ale. Sorry it took so long, it took forever to find it, then the guys swarmed me, and when I was beginning to walk over here a girl walked towards me and tried to make conversation. I told her I was already busy for the day though." He smiles at me and I return it. He hands me the glass of ginger ale.

"It's fine you didn't really take that long." I say when he really took half an hour to bring me a glass of ginger ale.

I'm glad he didn't waste time on a girl to give me my drink or talk to me or whatever he was going to busy with me about. I hope he's not getting the wrong idea. We're just hanging out plus I'm not really interested he's sweet and all but I don't see anything going on with him at all. Anybody I've met here since I arrived didn't really interest me. Except for Jacob of course. I don't even know how.

"Ooh what's that?" I point to his drink with a mini umbrella and cherry.

"A piña colada." He says taking a sip.

"Can I have some?" I ask politely.

"Sure if you don't mind the alcohol." He smirks.

"Oh, never mind then. Thank you though," I say turning red in embarrassment. Drew just starts laughing. I start looking my side so I won't meet his eyes. I'm turning shy all of a sudden. My eyes meet with Danny's although it doesn't seem like he's looking at me. He's glaring at Drew. Then when he sees me looking at me he turns his head away.

"Don't mind him, he's probably jealous he isn't with you right now." He smiles.

"It's fine. He's my friend but it was his choice to hang out with those guys." I say. I recognize some young looking boys at the the age of seventeen from the skatepark and there are some older men. I feel like I should know them from somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it. I shake the thought from my head. One of the guys grins deviously at me and I turn my head.

"So what are you waiting for? Drink up!" Drew laughs as he puts our glasses together.

I put the top of the glass closer to my lips taking in the fuzzy smell from the drink. I put the rim to my lips but then the glass just shatters in my hand out of nowhere before I even get to drink any. I just gasp. I immediately shake of the glass. But I'm wet, why does this keep happening?