Chapter 2--Aliens Abduct From The Top Bunk

From the living room, I watched all the movers and the two boys bring up all their boxes. For some reason, I was shocked to see that a lot of the furniture had just been bought. Some of their belongings were packed in boxes with labels, but for the majority, everything seemed to be new. 

A part of me started wondering if they had just gotten all the furniture recently or if it was bought a long time ago and was just now being transported. It was odd seeing that literally nothing was used except for a few old cardboard boxes that were written in sloppy handwriting.

"Where do you want this?" One of the Ikea movers asks me as he carried an enormous box on a lift. He stopped pushing it for a moment so I could answer. Instead of giving him a response, I looked at the picture on the side that showed a queen-sized bed frame. I looked up at him unsure what to say so I was thankful when Pierce interjected.

"Just in the room to the farthest right corner." Pierce said pointing in his new bedroom. "By the balcony door."

The man grunted before steering the bed in the direction Pierce had pointed. I glanced at Pierce who was wearing a pair of swim trunks that match his striped baby blue tank top. His tan lines showed through his shirt which slightly surprised me. I wonder how long he has been living in Miami. I looked up suddenly watching his goofy smile that made me think of all the girls that must fall head-over-heels for him.

"I got the loft bed," Pierce said to me. His grin never faltered, it looked like he had just won the lottery. He sat beside me on the arm of the sofa. He was overly excited over his loft bed. I did not think people could be this enthusiastic over having the ability to sleep on a top bunk. I remember having a loft bed with my last roommate, I hated it.

"Aaron hates bunk beds," Pierce elaborated after he caught me looking at him oddly. "When we were kids he always slept on the couch instead of the bunk-bed."

"Why?" I asked suddenly curious.

"Because he thought aliens would abduct him if he slept on the top. If he slept on the bottom, he said it made him feel confined. As if the bed would fall on him."

I couldn't help but smile, "Aliens?"

Pierce nodded, "I believed in magic. Aaron believed in aliens."

"For how long?" I asked.

Pierce stopped smiling and looked down at his hands. He seemed to be lost in thought all of a sudden. "Honestly, I can't remember when we stopped believing in the unbelievable."

Another mover got his attention causing Pierce to get up and help him with a set of new cabinets. The boys decided to have the larger room with the smaller bathroom. It gave them enough space for two people. Whereas I was stuck with the "small" room. But because it was only me in the room, it was large enough for myself anyways. Besides, I was given the bigger bathroom.

When Pierce walked away I headed to the kitchen to grab a snack. Aaron walked into the apartment carrying what I hoped to be the last box. He was wearing a black shirt and low hanging sweatpants and even though the hallway was carpeted, he was walking barefoot. He gave me a small side glance, hardly acknowledging my presence.

"Hi Aaron," I said trying to break the uncomfortable ice that formed between us.

He finally looked at me. When I made eye-contact with him I finally received emotion. I don't think he was trying to portray any emotion, but his eyes were sad. Behind the dark iris I could see the misery. It seemed to be a mix with too many other feelings. There was excitement and anticipation. But by looking at his face it didn't seem like he was feeling anything. His exterior remained stiff as he stood up straight like a man that knows perfectly how to carry himself.

He nodded in my direction and said, "Birdie."

Pierce walked by his brother and towards me asking, "So where's your stuff?"

I led Pierce out of the kitchen and pointed at the corner of the living room that was piled with a few boxes. There was only a couple that I had not opened because they mainly composed of a few winter coats and pointless decorations I was not going to use.

"I've already moved in." I added as I took a bite out of the apple I grabbed.

I headed towards my room. My bed was already set in the corner. I didn't want to get a big queen-sized, so I stuck with a small twin. It was big enough for me and left a lot more space in the room as well. I had placed a bookshelf with all my favorite reads against the wall at the foot of my bed. To the right of the room was my desk and another bookshelf with all my textbooks. The wall around my desk was covered with pictures of my family, miniature posters of my favorite architecture, and dream vacation spots. The window behind the head of my bed brought in enough light to fill the room but I still had a few lamps situated to bring me enough light for at night.

Over the head of my bed I had placed my two most prized posters. One of them was a poster I had gotten when my brothers took me to a Coldplay concert. The four of us absolutely love Coldplay and for my birthday they surprised me by taking me to see them live. My second most favorite poster is of my idol: Malcolm "Manny" Osme Dean. To me, he's the actor of the century. I like to think I fangirl over him like other girl's fangirl over other actors, but Manny Dean is my favorite person in the whole world. He's a middle-aged man, so it's not like he's my age. And he's a father, but just like any other fangirl, whenever I see him in a movie I scream.

My best friend back home was just as obsessed as I was. Other people judged us harshly because they loved other actors like Benedict Cumberbatch and Jensen Ackles more. Our friends would judge us for loving a middle-aged guy so much, but then again, half of the superheroes they fangirl over are middle-aged too. But Manny Dean, that's who I love.

"Your room is cute," Pierce said at my door.

I smiled at him before walking towards him. School was going to start in a few days. I had already spent too much time worrying about the boys and what they would do. Questions and concerns kept running through my head but I didn't know what to do about it. It's not like I could do anything. I was simply going have to wait it out and see if I could find a new roommate.

I placed my hand on Pierce's chest and shoved him a few steps back, "I need to study."

I closed the door after him. Locked it. And retreated to my desk. That whole night I spent reading over the history of architecture.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Twas a short chapter, it's ok. I didn't know where else to put the chapter if not adding it to another one. Don't worry, I'll still post soon.

Manny Dean is not a real actor. Before any of you Google him or something. I made him up because I myself—am a fangirl—and there's no way I could make Parker choose one actor over others. So he's not real. Just basically your typical "I love this actor so much" sort of thing. For me, it's Jensen Ackles, Jared Padelecki, and Misha Collins. But I also love Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, David Tenant any of the Avengers/Superheros, etc. So, your typical fangirl. I couldn't choose so I made one up.

Lastly, please vote and comment. Trust me, I love all commentary it lets me know what y'all are thinking. And please please vote, it means a lot more than you think. Other than that, thanks you guys :)

Vote

Comment

Share

Thanks