Chapter 17.5--Motorcycles, Jet Skis, Snow Mobiles, Oh My

"Does this mean we're going to be outside all day?" Aaron asked as we walked into the lounge. I had pulled into the ski resort. It was probably the biggest resort I know. It has the equipment to do basically anything in the snow. We had to drive about an hour to get here, but I was overly excited. When we were kids, our parents would bring us here. Some children have Disney, I have a weird snow resort that serves fantastic chocolate milk.

The wind outside picked up. A lot of people started moving back into the resort. Other's came out and simply put on their goggles. The snow started to lightly fall. Nothing too overbearing except flurry.

"Yes," I grinned taking us up to the check-in. It only took a few minutes before the man at the front desk gave us a few wristbands. We quickly put them on as he told me to head outside to a shop that was situated behind the building. It would be where we would find all the rental equipment.

As we walked through the resort, I could already smell the hot chocolate and coffees that everyone was brewing and drinking. A few people looked exhausted, their hair wild and faces all red from the cold. Their gear was still on which meant they probably just got out of being outside. Other people looked like they were just sitting around and having a good time. Laughing and smiling with each other—probably best friends on a vacation.

"So what would you like to do?" I asked with a smile as we walked through the resort to the rental space. I had arranged for us to rent out equipment. A lot of the people at the resort were here from out of the state, so renting equipment would only be difficult if there was a large waiting line, which there wasn't.

"Not be cold." Aaron muttered.

"You're wearing like four layers of clothes," I said with a deadpan face.

He shrugged, "It's still fucking cold."

I kept my glare at him that matched my deadpan face. Then I turned to Pierce, "What would you like to do?"

Pierce looked at me bewildered and shrugged. "I have no idea." He looked around, "Ski?"

"Ok," I said suddenly turning around. I wasn't going to get anywhere by asking these two.

I led the boys outside. Ever since I was little, snow sports were basically the only activities my family could do during winter. Which is why James and Matt were bringing our snowboards. I used to ski and then I realized how much cooler snowboarding looked. So I fell for the trap of getting a snowboard. It took me weeks to finally get the hang of snowboarding, but I finally got it. I'm not great at it. Actually, I'm quite mediocre. But at least I could stay up.

"There you are," I turned around when I heard James voice. He—along with everyone else—walked towards us while carrying all of their gear. James was holding my white snowboard in one hand while he held his black one. "Check your phone Park."

"Sorry," I said rolling my eyes. "I can't feel or hear my phone when it's buried in three layers of clothing."

"You guys ready?" Matt said. His snowboard was set over his shoulder, a wide grin on his face. He already had his goggles around his neck—totally prepared for the rest of the day.

Will was supposed to come and join us. This has been something we've all done together for a long time. But he had promised Maggie to take her on a date. Although I think it's cute and romantic, he's going to miss out on a lot of fun. Will and I usually team up against Matt and James. Mainly because we're the ones in the family that snowboarding didn't come naturally to. We had to help each other learn while my other brothers were doing weird flips and twists in the air.