Epilogue

A smile instantly spreads onto my lips. The mountain view was absolutely stunning. I thought after going to Colorado I wouldn't be able to see another mountain range that was equally beautiful but this was competing. The only reason this trip wasn't as amazing as Colorado was because last night the sky was cloudy and we couldn't see the stars. In Colorado, other than the moon, the stars were the only thing we could see at night.

I sat up in the bed, looking around for some clothing. Settling with Aaron's shirt that was thrown hastily on the ground, I quickly covered up my body. Just as I felt myself waking up, I heard the automatic hotel door click open and Aaron walked in. He was carrying a plate of breakfast. An omelet, some fruit, and a few pieces of toast with butter and jam.

Aaron was in a pair of sweatpants with his chest bare and hair wild. A smile formed as soon as he made eye contact with me, "Good. You're awake."

He climbed onto the empty spot of the bed. Sitting beside me as he handed me a fork. We stared out towards the view of the mountain range. I wasn't sure how Aaron found this place, but it truly is magical. As stupid and cliché as that is. Sure, we weren't in Disney but I felt like I was in the middle of the landscape without being there. The hotel room was basically glass around. If we wanted to shield the light we'd simply pull on the curtains. The sun was still rising causing colors to streak through the sky. It was the most beautiful desert area I had ever seen.

"How are you enjoying Tasmania?" Aaron asked.

My head instinctively leaned onto his shoulder as I took a bite of the omelet. "It's beautiful," I answered. Yesterday, we had taken a hike through the mountains. And the day before that we were at the beach. There was so much I wanted to do on this small island yet time was catching up to us.

I placed the fork of food in front of Aaron's face and he took the bite. We shared the rest of our breakfast, not daring to move. The summer was coming to an end. It was by far the best summer of my life. After Aaron and I talked through how we would stay together, he dropped everything he had to do. He called Mr. Parris and told him he was going on vacation.

Our vacation started with Pierce and Marie. The four of us traveled through the states. We went up the East Coast in about a week. It was the first time I had gone basically anywhere. They first took me to DC and New York City. Then we flew to Colorado where we camped out a few nights. I think that was Aaron's favorite vacation spot. He slept during the day so he could stay awake during the night. From Colorado, we went to the west coast. San Francisco, Hollywood, then Seattle.

When we got back to Miami, Pierce and Marie got ready to spend the rest of their summer in France. They moved there shortly afterwards. Aaron and I went to Portugal and Spain. Then to France where we stayed a week with Pierce and Marie. From there Aaron took us to Dubai. Finally, from Dubai we took a flight to Sydney where we stayed a few days before getting to Tasmania.

It was an absolutely exhausting summer but equally as eventful. "Think you've seen enough of the world yet?" Aaron asked me.

I laughed, "No."

"Good." He stood up and stretched before putting his hand out for me to take. "Let's enjoy our last few days then, shall we?"

********************************

When we landed back in Miami, a small bit of relief went through me. I was glad to be home but also sad seeing that our summer was ending. We had gone on such crazy adventures. We went sailing, paragliding, diving, exploring, so much more that my head couldn't wrap itself around it all. Every day with Aaron was a new adventure. It didn't matter where we were. Even on the days we went on picnics or enjoyed ourselves by taking naps along the beach or on soft grass—it was all wonderful.