Chapter 25--L.O.W

"He's nominated for the Oscars!" I shouted loudly. Pierce cringed back as he continued to drive home. "Oh my God Pierce! Do you know what this means?"

"That I'm going to be deaf if he wins?" He muttered.

"He's amazing!" I screamed. Malcolm Dean—my favorite actor in the world—was just nominated for the Oscars. Sure, it was still a long shot that he would win for best actor, but if he did I was going to throw a party. "I told you his movie was amazing!"

Pierce rolled his eyes and kept them locked straight ahead onto the road. We were heading back home early. As a Friday treat, my professor decided to end class sooner. They said it was because they had a lot of work to do, but I think it was actually the fact they couldn't find a babysitter for their kids. I didn't care though, leaving class and being able to head home earlier than usual was amazing. It only made it better that Malcolm Dean was nominated.

"Uh-huh," Pierce said. "I still hope Shawn Parris wins that Oscar. What'd he get nominated for again?"

I looked it up quickly and smiled, "Writing. He did the work on the screenplay."

Pierce chuckled, "Figures the famous author gets nominated for screenplay."

"But Malcolm Dean was nominated for best male actor!" I screeched again before letting out a strained scream. This was so exciting. I had been waiting for Malcolm Dean to get nominated for an Oscar for as long as I can remember. He had been nominated years before I became one of his biggest fans. But I hardly knew of him or loved him the way I do now. I could live to tell my kids that I witnessed Malcolm Dean win an Oscar.

Oh my God, I thought. That's my new dream.

I filled the rest of the car ride home with random facts I knew about the actor. Surprisingly enough, Pierce knew a good bit about him too. We talked about how he's an amazing role model to look up to. He does a lot of charity work and lectures. His main focus is drunk driving after his first wife was killed in an accident. Now he and his second wife go around and promote safety and donate money to several organizations. It's your typical 'famous people things.' But I love this famous person.

Ugh, I thought. How can it be possible to love someone so much even though you've never met them?

"Ok Parker," Pierce pulled into our spot. "That's enough fangirling for tonight."

"I could talk about Coldplay instead," I said to him as we got out of the car.

"I did nothing to ever deserve this," Pierce muttered.

As we rode up the elevator I told him everything there was to know about Chris Martin. When he started Coldplay and what an amazing artist he is. Pierce started shoving me to get me to shut up but it only seemed to fuel me to talk faster. When the doors opened, my phone went off with a text.

I'll be home soon, Aaron texted.

I frowned, Don't you have work tonight?

Yeah, he answered quickly. Something came up.

I shrugged it off but then he sent me another text. Don't go into the apartment without Pierce.

I frowned responding, Why?

Pierce and I had been walking to our apartment. Just as I sent the message, Pierce put his arm out to stop me. I looked up only to see the door was slightly cracked open. My heart started beating what felt like a million miles a second. "Stay behind me," Pierce whispered as he kept his hand on my arm to drag me behind.