Chapter 35.5--Can All You Have Is Love?

All I could do was stare in shock. I glanced between the boys, unsure what to say or do. My mind felt like it was just exploded. Malcolm "Manny" Osme Dean was sitting around my coffee table stirring some sugar into one of my mugs. He acted so casual that a part of me started to believe I was just dreaming this. But then I'd see the looks on the boys faces and realize this was far from being a dream.

Aaron and Pierce hadn't moved at all. They simply watched as their father basically took charge. Manny's persona was infuriating in a sense. He walked through the apartment like he owned the place. Some may view it as confidence but to be it looked like an inflated ego. His posture was up right and he didn't seem at all threatened. In fact, the only one who looked afraid was Phillip. Phillip simply stayed seated on one of our sofas like he was trying to disappear.

Malcolm blew the steam away from his coffee. He took a sip before turning his attention back to us. Specifically, me. "So my dear," He said with a grin. On television, his smile always was endearing. In person, it was villainous. "What do you know about my boy?"

I stayed silent. Even if I did speak what would I say? I don't know much about Aaron. In fact, his life just seemed to blow up in front of me. I felt a hand grip mine and I briefly looked down to see Aaron wrapped his hand around my own. Malcolm noticed. He stared at our linked hands like it was the most interesting thing in the world.

"Fascinating," He looked up at his son. "Is she dimwitted?"

Aaron clenched his jaw, "No."

"Then I don't see why she can't speak for herself," Malcolm rolled his head back in my direction. His eyes focusing on me. He leaned forward against the coffee table, propping his hands down. His next question catching me off guard, "Would you consider yourself a perfect person Parker Finch?"

Man, I thought to myself. A few months ago, I would have passed out if Malcolm Dean knew my name. I'd literally be squealing, "He knows my name!"

Not now. Now, I frowned with fear. How does he know my name?

I licked my lips answering, "Last I heard Jesus was a man. So no."

Malcolm smirked, then stood up. He buttoned his suit over and took a few steps towards us. "You're a fan of my work, are you not?"

I didn't bother lying, "Yes."

"You must know then that there is a common word used nowadays to describe celebrities," He added putting his hands behind his back. "I'm sure you've used it more than once."

My head was spinning around at the things I used to say about Manny. He was always someone I looked up to. Admired. Someone who I believed was making a contribution to society and spreading joy. I felt my throat close a bit as I looked up at him. He used to be perfect to me.

"Leave," Aaron interrupted.

"That's rude Aaron," Malcolm stared at me. He probably noticed how conflicted I was. "All I want is a family dinner. Is that too much to ask?"

"Get the hell out of my home."

"Tsk, tsk." Malcolm shook his finger and walked away from us. He headed to the kitchen where we heard rustling of plates and silverware. "If you behave," Malcolm called out. "I'll bring up the gift I have in the car."

"We don't want your stupid gift," Aaron replied.

Malcolm appeared in the doorway. He was holding plates and silverware and walked towards me. He held them out for me to grab. I looked up at Aaron, unsure what to do. "You're right," Malcolm finally looked at Pierce. There was a small glisten of disgust that registered in Manny's eyes. "The two of you wouldn't be interested. But I'm sure Pierce has long been waiting for my present."