Chapter 28--I Would Like To Thank The Academy

"Wait," I said as Aaron packed up a duffel bag. "Where are we going?"

Pierce smiled up at me. He was cleaning up all the different pots and pans he used to make all the food. After packing it all in the bag, he grabbed a blanket along with a few other typical picnic things. "On a beautiful weekend like this?" Pierce said quickly glancing out of the apartment.

Aaron seemed to be on the same page as his brother. He grinned at Pierce before looking at me. Walking towards me he laced his arms around my waist, "Why...it seems like a perfect day for an adventure."

I couldn't agree more. I didn't have to speak for Aaron to see I was on board. My smile radiated my approval as he quickly kissed my lips before going back to the bag where he finished packing. I went to my room to change as I put on a bikini underneath my shorts and tank top. Then covered myself up with my leather jacket before quickly packing a backpack with extra clothes just in case. The boys had put towels into the duffel bag so I assumed wherever we were going, there was also going to be water.

"Ready?" Aaron asked as I walked out the door. He was also wearing his leather jacket over his own checkered tank top. As I walked towards him he tossed me the keys to Sage. I inwardly smiled as I caught it with a small jingle.

I hadn't had the opportunity to ride Sage often. Pierce and I still carpooled but Aaron had been trying to take me driving at night when the rate of cops was lower. We raced a lot but not the kind of racing he and Pierce does. I was still hesitant reaching certain speeds on my bike. And I sure wasn't going to tell my family that I now own one. I knew for a fact they would disown me for owning a motorcycle.

I am fully aware how dangerous motorcycles are. Before getting to serious with Sage Aaron gave me a small lecture about the dangers of having a bike. He told me stories of certain accidents and explained to me what I would have to do in certain situations. I hadn't even realized how cautioned Aaron was until he told me to be careful. "But of course," He concluded with his typical smirk. "Have fun."

"Where are we going?" I asked as we rode down the elevator.

"Well that's a surprise," Aaron said with a small shrug.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "If I'm driving Sage then I should know where we're going."

The corner of Aaron's lip curved into a smile, "Why? You think you could beat Pierce and I?"

I bit my lip to hold my bluff, "Yeah."

A lie, I thought.

"Oh really?" Pierce said with an interested face.

"Heck yeah," I said more confidently.

Are my pants on fire? My legs are feeling warm.

"The Keys," Aaron finally told me. Both Pierce and I were shocked. Typically, Aaron stays quiet. He never tells me anything that has to do with our adventures. "We're going to the Keys."

I smiled—grateful he did tell me. "That's almost a two-hour drive."

The elevator door opened. Aaron folded his Ray-Bans before securing them in his pocket. "Your point Birdie?" He asked as we all walked out to the parking lot. We walked over to Pierce's BMW where we placed all our gear into the trunk of the car. The boys were bringing a lot which had me wondering as to what we were going to do.

I hesitated—thinking of the long ride we had ahead of us. "I've never driven the motorcycle that long."

"You're going to have to someday," Aaron concluded.