Chapter 11--Hands Are Like A Puzzle

James decided to drive me the airport. My parents drilled me over inviting my roommate and friends over for next break. I nodded and agreed even though I probably wasn't going to ask Pierce to come. Because if he came, Aaron would come too.

Saying goodbye was a lot harder than I thought. My mom nearly started crying and my dad just seemed to get sad all over again. My brothers were playful, joking around about how they wanted me gone—but I could tell they were upset too. I think it's different in a way. Yeah, I was sad leaving them as well, but I have a life in Florida now. I was excited to go back to it.

My brothers told me they wouldn't tell mom about my "boyfriend." I knew they were going to start using that against me if they could in any way. Even after Ashley explained he wasn't real, the boys decided to create their own image of a boyfriend for me. That's how siblings work. But they did mention that my mom would probably find out eventually. Especially now that Jeromy thinks I'm seeing someone. He's apparently still a total kiss up to my parents. It's revolting.

James pulled into the airport and helped me with my bag. "You going to be ok sis?" He asked with a smile. "Is Miami treating you well?"

"I love it there so much James," I told him honestly.

"More than Jack's Parlor?"

Jack's Parlor is the oldies ice cream place everyone in town goes to. It's where I worked from age 15 until college. Jack—the owner—is probably one of the nicest people in town. Everyone is loyal to him and the ice cream he makes is the best in world solely because he makes it himself.
James and I used to work there together. We were the sibling duo. Covering each other's shifts and working hard. We would goof around and do homework sometimes. When James graduated high school, working at Jack's wasn't the same.

"Yes..." I said. "More than Jack's."

"That's astounding," James chuckled. His laughter soon subsided, leaving us in a comfortable silence. James took a deep breath before pulling me into a hug. "It really was great seeing you Park," He muttered into my hair.

I smiled, hugging him just as tightly. Even with the two years apart, James and I were always close. He was the brother that I could tell everything too. If this were another world, we would be twins. I guess my mom was partially right. Seeing everyone back home made me realize I miss a few things. Like the sound of a fire crackling in the fireplace. Or the lack of traffic when driving through a street.

But now I have a new home and I love it there just as much. Sure, Michigan is great. Miami however, is spectacular.

"You're going to visit eventually right?" I asked when we pulled away.

James smiled, "As soon as I get the money for it...yes."

I nodded, smiling back. We said our final goodbyes and I went ahead and grabbed my backpack. I was still really glad I decided to pack light. It made traveling so much easier. "Hey Park," James asked before I headed towards the security.

"Yeah?"

"Is your roommate actually gay or was that an excuse?" James raised an eyebrow at me like he was trying to catch me in a lie.

I grinned, "Why? Would you be interested if he were?"

James rolled his eyes, "Get out of here Park. Michigan is tired of you."

"Love you too," I said smiling. I gave him one last quick hug before turning around. With that, I headed towards the security.

*******************

By the time I arrived to Miami, it was already dark. Not late in the night where the airport is dead, but at the time people would typically go out and have dinner. I texted Pierce because he had told me he was going to pick me up. He even said he would wait for me along with everyone else.

I tightened the straps of my backpack and headed through the airport. Halfway through, I realized how unbelievable hot it was and took off my jacket, quickly shoving it into my backpack. The temperature change was crazy. Even the airport in Miami is warmer than Michigan—and they blast the AC here.