Chapter 24--The Best Best-Friends

I may have dreamt this, but I'm pretty sure I heard someone yell, "Gee! I wonder where this trail of clothing leads to?" Like I said, I probably dreamt it. But if I didn't. It was most definitely Pierce.

I woke up the moment Aaron's phone went off as an alarm. It was on my side of the bed, so I quickly reached over and hit snooze just as Aaron started stirring. When I checked the time, I realized it was way too early for the alarm to go off. I reset it for thirty minutes later and crashed back against the pillow.

When it went off a second time, I turned it off and rolled over in the bed. I pulled the sheets and comforter closer to my body as I came into contact with Aaron's sleeping figure. He was on his stomach, arms wrapped around his pillow as he held it close to his head. I couldn't help the smile that pushed itself onto my lips. My heart fluttered and stomach dropped just at the sight of him.

His hair was messy as always. I brushed a few strands away that were covering his eyes. "Aaron," I said softly to try and wake him up. I let my finger trail down his shoulders and bare back until they started tracing his tattoo. I repeated, "Aaron."

He let out a big sigh before saying, "Aaron is unavailable right now. Come back in five minutes."

I let out a small laugh and leaned closer to him as I kissed him lightly on the forehead before getting out of his bed. Leaving the comforters for Aaron, I dragged the sheets with me. I had my underwear on—having placed them before going to sleep—so I quickly went into Aaron's closet and found one of his many button downs. When I walked back out he was lying on his side, the comforter wrapped around his body, and sitting up on his elbows. His hands rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked in a groggy voice. I thought his voice was dense before, now it was plain thick.

"Eight-ish." I answered.

"What day?"

"Monday."

He seemed to think for a second before lying back down on the bed. He put his arms over his head, keeping them behind his pillow as he stretched. When his eyes landed on me, he slowly grinned. "Come here," he said as he beckoned me over my curling his finger at me.

Without hesitation, I slowly made my way to the side of his bed where I quickly got on and straddled his lap. There were no words to describe how amazing Aaron is. Not just in bed, but overall. His constant support and overenthusiasm for progress. His need for adventure and adrenaline seeking drive. Even his rich cocky mysterious self. They all blended together last night and it's beautifully disgusting how head-over-heels I was. I'd like to think he was just as addicted to me as I was to him. It helps boost my ego a bit.

Aaron put his hands on my waist before trailing them down my legs. He smiled, "Déjà vu."

"Your pants," I said rolling my eyes as I was unsure what to retort.

"They're on the ground Birdie," he said leaning up and kissing my collar. "You should be more observant."

I smirked and pushed him back slightly to tease him. He let out a small sigh before meeting his eyes with mine. I leaned forward, as if to kiss him before whispering softly, "I've got class."

I stood back up and started heading out of the room. Just as I neared the door I looked back seeing Aaron was still in bed. He was staring harshly at the ceiling—in full concentration mode. "You coming to breakfast?" I asked before putting my hand on my hip. "Or are you going to keep imagining grandma panties?"

"Ha-ha," he said stalely, "Your pants."

"I'm not wearing any," I grinned deviously. It made me happy hearing him catch onto my vocabulary. "You should be more observant."