Chapter 4--You Know What? Your Pants

The rest of the weekend I spent talking to Pierce. We ended up getting along well. After we found my job, we decided to explore different restaurant and little cafes. Miami was absolutely filled with all sorts of exotic places all owned by families. After finding a few Cuban places, a Spanish café, and a Greek dessert joint, we were finally stuffed. Then, we drove around, trying to memorize and familiarize ourselves with where places are. We found out there's about four different grocery stores around our apartment. So we went ahead and bought enough food to last us for another week. When we got back home we finished setting up the TV and under my request we watched How I Met Your Mother.

The next day, we decided to go to the beach. Pierce found a few students our age and joined them in their volleyball game. I watched him play for a while—everyone trying to get me to join in—but I turned them down finding a nice spot in the sand where I pulled out my textbook and started highlighting information. After his volleyball match, he forced me to go into the water by dragging me at my heels—literally—and then tossing me in the water like I weighed absolutely nothing.

After about two o'clock, the sun sets behind the large skyscrapers near the beach which meant it started to get colder. The water even seemed to become rougher and people started packing their giant coolers to head home. We did the same thing, grabbing our beach bags and folding the towels draping them over our shoulders.

Pierce and I may get along but Aaron and I do not. In reality, I hadn't been given a chance to talk to him. He was taking the "I'll stay out of your way if you stay out of mine" to a whole new level. Pierce says he's a jerk but I realized that's simply because they're siblings. In reality, Aaron is just distant.

When we arrived to the apartment he would vaguely acknowledge my presence. Sometimes he would be working on his laptop and then move to his room when I'm occupying the living room. A part of me thinks he's just anti-social but from what Pierce said, Aaron loves going out. He just doesn't believe that I have to intervene with his life, and seeing as I don't think Aaron should intervene with mine, it turned out fine.

"You ready?" Pierce asked after I had walked out of my room. It was Monday and the sun was just starting to rise. I probably should have gone to sleep earlier than I had because I kept yawning and trying to keep my eyes open.

"Yup," I said grabbing my backpack.

Pierce and I agreed to drive to school together. He and I agreed that it would save us gs money and was a lot more convenient than taking two cars. We originally thought we would take turns driving but Pierce admitted that he didn't trust my car. I didn't blame him. Then I offered to drive his car, but he also disagreed with that. I didn't blame him there either. A part of me would hate the idea of driving his car simply because I'd be too afraid that something would happen to it. His car was almost worth a whole year of tuition for me.

Pass.

Either way, I loved being in Pierce's car. Especially when he would take the hood down. After we would get our coffee, if we were in a good mood, we would roll the top away and listen to the trending music. We wouldn't talk—there was no need to. We would just enjoy the rising sun while drinking our coffee in the wind.

Miami traffic is probably the worst thing in the world. We don't live far away from campus, but typically it takes us double or triple the actual distance to get there if there's a lot of traffic. Some days we would leave extra early to avoid the traffic, but if for some reason one of us would sleep in or our alarms wouldn't go off, we would get caught in the city traffic. Whereas at night after the sun has set and everyone is at home, it only doesn't take nearly as much time to drive home.