Chapter 14--Singing And Dancing Is Sweet Cherry Pie

The night after Aaron's presentation, he was in a good mood. He asked if I wanted to invite my friends over to a place he knew that has karaoke. I texted the group chat with Pierce, Jackson, Kellie, and I asking if they wanted to come. They all agreed and the next night we were headed to the bar.

Pierce and I were on campus earlier in the day for classes. By the time we were all finished, we headed to the parking lot. From there, Kellie and Jackson got into the BMW and Aaron decided to pick me up on his motorcycle like the day before. It was hard not to notice people staring. Mainly because unlike the day before, today he decided to wear his iconic leather jacket. Underneath was a black and white striped shirt that went well with his dark jeans.

Victoria had texted us saying she knows which bar Aaron speaks of and she would meet us there. Ever since his presentation, Aaron hasn't been in a better mood—if not the best. I'm not sure what a 'good mood' means for him, but he was a lot more relaxed and less tense. Not saying he isn't relaxed all the time, but now it seemed like some weight had been lifted off his shoulders. And because that weight was off he just seemed to be more content and laid back.

While we were driving we pulled up the motorcycle beside Pierce, who decided to bring the top down of his car. Kellie and Jackson were in the back, their arms up in the air and the wind carrying their laughs. Pierce didn't want to speed, especially with passengers in the car, but Aaron ignored his request and took off. Kellie yelling my name as soon as Aaron revved the bike and shot forward.

Aaron didn't race but he stayed a few miles over the speed limit. Whenever I would glance behind me, Pierce was still in view. We passed by a few cops but they didn't stop us. Unlike Michigan, in Miami speeding is common. Whereas where I used to live, if you went ten miles over they would pull you over. Here, in order to pull you to the side for speeding, it would mean you're a super speeder. Or probably racing. It's quite common and the people I usually see on the side of the road talking to cops are always in exotic cars. The rich here really don't know what else to do with their money.

The helmet I was wearing was playing Coldplay and I started to wonder if I should just buy myself my own helmet. I've offered to give Aaron his helmet back, simply because driving with just Ray-Bans doesn't seem easy, but he refuses.

We crossed over a bridge, the sun setting in the distance. By the time we arrived to the bar, it was dark. We had been stuck in traffic and instead of passing by everyone, Aaron pulled up beside Pierce. The bar itself didn't look like anything special from the outside. It was another hole in the wall but we had to climb down a few steps until we were basically in the basement of a building.

This could have easily been mistaken for a stripper joint. Simply because it was dark and in the middle of nowhere. Instead of strippers though, there were tables and stools that surrounded pool tables and booths. At the end of the bar was a small stage where someone was terribly singing to Katy Perry. Victoria was sitting in a circular booth in the corner. When she spotted us she started to wave and smile.

We had to squeeze inside with the rest of crowd that suddenly appeared. After sunset, everyone goes out and hits up different bars and clubs. So I was thankful that Victoria arrived early to save us a spot. Everyone scooted into the booth, we surprisingly fit comfortably for a group of six. I sat between Aaron and Pierce, Aaron keeping the aisle seat. Jackson sat between Victoria and Kellie, which I personally thought was not a great idea.

Pierce and Aaron didn't drink the whole night. They were smart enough not to because they knew they would have to drive. Aaron got a ginger ale and Pierce stuck with a coke. The only one that could order drinks was Aaron anyways. He gave me a beer, then bought whatever it was the rest of the group wanted.