Chapter 15.5--If You Fly, I Fly

Aaron didn't seem at all nervous about meeting my family. Pierce was excited, but Aaron treated it like an everyday sort of thing. I wasn't sure if it should bother me or not that he was ridiculously calm. By the time we pulled into our drive way, I finally decided I was glad that Aaron was calm because I was the one that was truly freaking out. The last thing I wanted was for my family to completely reject both Pierce and Aaron.

Aaron still absolutely hated the snow. We were walking in it for a solid thirty seconds to get into my house and he was already stiff and hopeless. When we came into my home, the instant warmth seemed to help him relax. But I noticed how he seemed to feel out of place of it all. There was a fire in the chimney, the smell of cookies coming out of the oven. Overall, it was home.

"Park is back," James yelled into the house. He took off his gloves and we all took off our shoes and jackets, placing them on the hooks and mat by the door.

"Hide the damn marshmallows!" I heard Matt yell from upstairs.

Hearing my name suddenly caused a wave of people to show up in the kitchen. My parents had been lounging in the living room when they got up to greet me. My mom gave me a hug, passing me over to my dad so she could meet Pierce and Aaron.

"You must be Pierce," My mom said her smile directed towards one of my roommates.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Finch," Pierce smiled back kindly—his dimples prominent. "You have a beautiful home."

Pierce shook hands with my dad as my mom moved over to Aaron. She looked confused for a moment. I had told her I was bringing another friend home for the break but I hadn't clearly specified who it would be. I also told Aaron the same information because I didn't want him to be offended or mad by me not telling my parents who he was.

My dad raised an eyebrow, his taller figure more intimidating than my mom's petite one. "You are?" My dad asked. James was standing to the side, snickering slightly like a five year old.

"Pierce's older brother," Aaron said giving my dad a firm handshake. "The holidays are meant for family sir. I wasn't going to let him come without me."

Aaron flicked his eyes at me and I mouthed the word, Smooth.

I wasn't so worried about what my dad would think. He always sort of treated me like one of the boys. Yeah, he doesn't want anyone to mess around with his only daughter, but he also knows I make my own decisions. The concept of 'ignorance is bliss' plays deeply with my dad. The less he knows, the longer he'll go without a heart attack.

What I feared was my brothers. James seemed to like Aaron—for whatever reason that may be. But Matt and Will are the ones that go haywire and commando on me. They would hardly ever let Jeremy and I together. They're the kind of brothers that will sit between my boyfriend and I to prevent us from being near each other. Knowing Aaron, I wonder how that would work. He's ten times more physical than Jeremy ever was.

"Everyone is welcomed in the Finch household," My dad answered with his best-selling smile. I wasn't sure if it was out of pity or the holidays that he pulled out being so nice.

There was a small crash of steps against the stairs as Will and Matt came down. Behind Will was his girlfriend—Maggie. She looked beautiful as ever. Hair cut short at her shoulders, sweater neatly ironed, and posture of a model. When I first met her I thought we would be best friends. No, that didn't happen. Mainly because talking to her killed my brain cells. She's really smart, but she has a voice that only dogs can hear.

"Hi Park," Maggie said with her pitchy manner. I inwardly cringed but before I could greet her back Will erupted.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked Aaron. James looked at the verge of laughter and even I had to admit I was amused. After I had come clean over Pierce being my roommate, I sent pictures to my family of when we were at the beach. So they knew Pierce well—unlike Aaron. They had never seen Aaron in their lives.