Chapter 13--Some People Are Simply Posh

"So wait," Kellie said looking up. She had been staring at the equation in front of her for a really long time and finally spoke up for help. "I have to do what to get the answer?"

"Divide it, multiply it by pi, then solve." Pierce told her. He made it sound a lot easier than it actually seemed. I remember it took me a few tries before even I could get the answer. And not to sound cocky, but math isn't my worst subject. I sort of need it for my profession.

We were sitting on the lawn of the campus, trying to study for exams. Classes were now cut short and no professor was giving out new information. They were simply reviewing and freaking us out for our exams. At home I had taken the time to calculate what grade average I would have depending on how well I would do on the exam. If I wanted to keep my GPA, I would have to study a lot.

"Don't worry," Jackson said causing Kellie to look back down at her notes. "You'll get it. Just keep practicing."

Ever since Jackson kissed Victoria on Halloween, Kellie has been acting less of a friend towards him. Pierce and I could clearly tell she was jealous, but if Jackson knew he definitely didn't show it. I tried to get Kellie to admit her jealousy, but she snapped instead and told me that she and Jackson are just friends. At the end she added there was no point in being jealous.

None of us were excited for exams. Then again, why would we be? They're the death of students. Mainly because we stay up late and drink way too much coffee. It's not healthy—physically and mentally, but the thought of Christmas break was the only thing that kept me going. Of course, it wasn't exam week yet, but the campus administrator's was already sending us emails and notifications on the rules and regulations of exam week. Like how the library is opened 24/7.

Pierce surrounded himself with several language books. He had carried four different languages and was currently looking at Greek. To his side was—what I assume is—Mandarin and a few other languages I would never learn in my life. He was twirling his finger around a strand of grass and plucked it before moving onto another strand.

There was a frown on Pierce's face as he read his textbook. It didn't look like he was at all focused on the information in front of him. His mind seemed lost in thought so I asked, "Pierce?"

He shook his head like he was returning to Earth. When he smiled it was covering the stressed out look in his eyes. "Yeah?" He asked.

"You ok?" Even I was frowning now. Pierce isn't typically the guy to get stressed out. If anything, he's the complete opposite. Whenever I encounter a stressful situation, I always go to him because he gives great advice. Or knows how to relax so that you're mind gets back on track.

"Yeah I'm fine," He answered with a sigh. "Just stressed out about exams."

I nodded, completely understanding. But there was something else there that I knew exams weren't the cause of. I didn't push it though. He might not want to talk about it in front of everyone.

"Pierce would you help me out with Spanish," Jackson asked.

"Me too," I stated. Jackson and I crowded around Pierce as he helped us with our Spanish homework. There were certain tenses and phrases we couldn't understand. Theoretically, Spanish wasn't originally in my curriculum. Mid-way in the semester I decided to take it up. It's been helping with my job and communicating with fast food drive-thrus.

Throughout the small study session between the three of us, Jackson's phone went off. He checked it quickly before standing up, "I have to go you guys."

"Why?" Kellie asked—in my opinion—a little too eagerly.

"Uh," Jackson grabbed his books as he quickly glanced at us. "I'm meeting up with Victoria."