Chapter 23--My Prom 2.0

"Hey Aaron," Pierce said coming into view of the living room. He looked anxious as ever. His fingers twiddling and occasionally his hand would go to scratch the back of his head.

"Yes annoying little brother?" Aaron asked without bothering to look towards Pierce. Aaron and I were covered under several blankets while watching How I Met Your Mother. We all had already eaten dinner and although I was tired, I was glad to be spending time with Aaron even if it wasn't necessarily something overly exciting like water skiing.

Pierce nervously took his seat at the other end of the couch. I shifted slightly to look at him but Aaron soon hugged me tighter. "I need to go out this weekend," Pierce brushed his fingers against the side of his head.

Aaron turned to look at his brother, his eyebrow raised. "Where?"

"Orlando," Pierce answered as he licked his lips.

I frowned, "Why?"

Pierce looked at me for a second before placing his gaze back on Aaron. "Phillip is in town and I promised I'd talk to him."

Aaron sat up straighter causing me to slightly shift. "I'll go then," He said. "We can go to a theme park while we're at it."

Pierce smiled in a childish way. "That'd be so cool," He said. "But you can't. You've got the gala."

Hearing that the gala was so close should have caused my stress level to increase. Instead I was just thankful that I already had everything. Planning early might be a hassle but it ends up paying off. The day of the gala Victoria and Kellie were going to meet me at the salon where Isabella was going to do my hair. While doing my hair my two best friends were going to take the time to do my nails. I'd conserve time and money which was always something to be happy about.

"Shit you're right," Aaron said in his usual voice. He sighed, "I'll just call Phillip, ok?"

Pierce nodded, "So you're ok with me going?"

Aaron nodded, "Just be careful."

"I will be," Pierce stood up and headed towards his room. "I'll be driving my car there."

When I heard the door close I looked up at Aaron asking, "So when do I get to meet this Phillip guy?"

Aaron looked down at me—amused—as both his eyebrows raised and his lips turned into a grin. "I hope you never do Birdie," He pulled me closer, tightening his arms around me. His chin resting the side of my face. I wanted to ask more but when Aaron started kissing down my face to my neck, I forgot about everything except how much I love being in his arms.

**************

You'd think that the week would have gone by quickly for me but it was actually the opposite. It slowly dragged out until finally it was the weekend. I woke up to the smell of Pierce's eggs and bacon. When I walked into the kitchen Aaron was already seated at the table with a plate of food in front of him while Pierce finished making some fresh bacon off a pan. "Good morning," I said to the guys.

Aaron looked up from his phone, not necessarily smiling but perking up. "Good morning," Pierce sang what I think was a children's melody. "How are you? It's so nice to have you with me today."

Aaron groaned, "Not this again."

"Good morning," Pierce continued singing. "How are you? Howdy, how do you do? Hello, good day!"

Just as Pierce started up the next verse, Aaron slowly grabbed a spoon on the table and took his aim. As Pierce belted a note, Aaron threw the spoon as hard as he could at his brother. It ended up hitting Pierce's arm and suddenly he shouted in pain. "I'll sing louder!" Pierce shouted at his brother.