Chapter 7--A Crane Is Apparently Cooler Than A Mermaid

"You're both dead to me," I stated blatantly. How dare these two boys insult the most wonderful actor in the world? It's a disgrace.

"I'm just saying," Pierce put his hands up in surrender. "I don't think Malcolm Dean is that much of an actor."

I gasped, throwing a piece of chicken at Pierce. He had made Aaron and I a wonderful dinner. It was probably one of the best dinners I've had in a while, simply because it wasn't packaged or microwavable. We were sitting at our dinner table—for the first time—all together. I guess even Aaron couldn't resist how good the food smelled.

Aaron raised an eyebrow at me. We were all finishing our food, having dug in quickly. He rested his elbows on the table, hands linked together as he rested his chin on top of them. "Honestly Birdie," He said with his silk tone. "All he does is act in movies where he has the opportunity to take his shirt off."

"I appreciate those movies," I scowled. "They're the best kind."

Pierce laughed, "If having abs is a way to become a famous actor, well then sign me up."

"He's like forty," Aaron added leaning back against his chair. His gaze shifted towards the balcony. The sun was still high in the sky. Pierce and I got lucky because our classes ended earlier today. With it being a Friday night, we decided to come home. He was planning on going to Kellie's party anyways.

"He doesn't look forty," I said.

"Right," Aaron rolled his eyes, "He looks thirty-nine."

"Is he even a good person?" Pierce asked me. His eyebrow raised to match his smirk. "I've heard of plenty of actors who are great at their job but terrible in real life."

I shook my head, "Manny is literally one of the funniest actors ever. He's super nice and helps out with a lot of charities."

Pierce shook his head, standing up and walking towards the fridge. "I'm getting the dessert."

"You're obsessed," Aaron said quietly.

"Who are you obsessed about then?" I asked him as I lent forward on the table. My eyes zeroed in on him.

Aaron finally turned his head to look at me. His eyes meeting mine. A smirk over took his lips as his despairing eyes scanned over me. When he finally made eye contact with me his smirk somehow seemed to grow. "No one in particular." He said slowly as he turned back to look at the balcony.

My jaw had dropped and my neck felt red as ever. I looked down at the table just as Pierce brought out the dessert. He placed the cheesecake in front of us, a proud smile on his face. "Violà!" He kissed his fingertips. "Bon appétit."

"Cheesecake is Greek," Aaron said grabbing the small spoon that Pierce gave each of us. "Not French."

"So sorry I didn't make a Crème Brûlée," Pierce sarcastically remarked as he sat back down and grinned at his brother in a snarky manner. "Would you rather me say it in Greek?"

"If you want to be politically correct, I suggest you do."

"Καλή όρεξη," Pierce grinned at his brother and winked at me.

"Are you ever not a show off?" Aaron asked as he took a small bite of the cake.

"Says the guy who speeds off so fast on his motorcycle you end up on one wheel." Pierce leaned forwards towards me like he was telling me a secret. "On the interstate, too."

Aaron looked down at the cake. For a moment I thought he did it to cover up the small grin he was holding back. But when he looked back up, his face was back to its monotone self.