Chapter 3: Time to lay claim to the evidence

I looked at her amusingly. She looked more gorgeous than ever. She wears a floral dress, high heels like a grown up. Well, we all grew up after years. We are not in high school anymore.

"You ready?" I asked.

"Yep!" She smiled enthusiastically. I bet she's excited for today. I took her hand because of my instincts but I immediately let it go after i realized. She's not ready yet. I reminded myself.

She glanced up at me.

"It's okay." She said.

"You sure?" She nodded. I held her hand again. It's still soft as usual, it's been a while since I've held it like this. We started to walk out from the house.

We passed on a few houses and I pointed on some people we knew.

"This is pete's house." I said.

"That one is Mary's."

"Ohh, that's steven! The one you dumped."

"Re-really?" She blinked.

"Yeah. You were too blunt and you act like a boy sometimes." I chuckled at the thoughts I reminisced. I remembered a time when we used to climb on fences just to get in and how some boys are scared of her.

We continued to walk until we reached a bus stop. I stand in front of it. Amelie looked at me questioningly.

This was the place where we often hang out before we go to school. There were lots of important memories here.

AMELIE'S POV

We just stood there silently. I don't know what Jack is doing here but I decided to just let him be. Maybe something happened to this place but I don't know. I just stared at the ground.

"Let's get going." He said looking sad. I want to comfort him but there's nothing I can do. After all, I caused it. I just silently followed him as he tried to introduce me in this new profound environment.

We passed on some houses and places. He told me some stuffs and trivial things like the school where we used to go to, his bandmates house, the so called 'hang-outs' and many more.

We stopped in a place wherein I saw 'Thames Street' written on a sign.

"We used to go here a lot." Jack said.

"Guess we hang out a lot." I said.

"Yeah, and we always call this our meeting place." He grinned at me. Then the wind gushed. I realized it has a nice view in here.

I looked around until I saw someone in the docks. Alex looking in dazed at the water. I don't know but it feels nostalgic to me.

But more importantly, he looked sad.

Thames street?

Six feet under the stars.

Alex.

Then it hit me.

I found Alex on the docks staring at the water. But something's wrong, he looks broken. I decided to come and talk to him.

"Alex?" I asked.

"Amelie? Why are you here?" He said. I sat beside him on a bench.

"You didn't answer any of my calls. I decided to come but you're not home they said. I was about to go to Jack's but I saw you here." I explained.

"Sorry about that." He said. He isn't looking away from the coast. There was a silent between us.

"Are you alright?" I spoke. His face fell and he started to let out a sob.