Chapter 12: Give up

I woke up late morning with massive headache. I guess I'm the only one awake right now. The whole bus smells liquor. I saw Jack sleeping on the other bunk. He looks so innocent but with tangled hair. I tried to look more to see if there's someone with him, gladly there's none.

'Maybe he didn't get to hook up with someone. ' I laughed to myself.

I went out of my bunk. I saw Alex on the other side. His curtains are drawn open. He is curled up in a ball, his back facing me. I think he's been crying all night. I frowned at the thought.

I head to the kitchen area. Jeez, there are lots of junk in the floor. That's what you get when you're on tour with boys.

I went to get a meds for my hungover. I was in a cabinet above me. I tried to get it but I can't seem to reach it.

I tiptoed my feet and struggled for it. Then I felt a hand touched mine. I looked up to see who was it. Jack reached it for me.

We were so close and I can feel his breathing. There's a sudden thing in the pit of my stomach, something like butterflies? I don't know but i'm blushing real hard but I hide it all away.

"There you go." His voice was raspy and he looks so messy but still he's handsome.

"Thanks."

I swallowed the med and drink a bit of water. He did the same as me.

"Morning guys!" Matt greeted us both.

"Morning matt."

"Hey Mickey Matt." Jack said. I laughed at him.

"Agh stop that."

"Well, we all know you like it." I said while Jack winked at him. Matt rolled his eyes

I swear his bunk are full of Mickey Mouse stuff toys and even his bunk sheets and pillow are Mickey. Everything is Mickey.

"Anyways, I'm just gonna tell you that you are having a day off which means no show for today." Matt told us.

"Really?!" Jack said.

"Yes, for real." Jack ran to hugged him and jumped.

I just stand there awkwardly and smiled as Matt tried pushing him off but Jack won't budge.

"What's the commotion about?" I heard Rian asked. He went out of the bunk with Zack.

"We're having a day off." Jack finally let go of Matt.

"Thanks Matt!! That's all I asked for and- ow my head hurts so stop talking so loud Jack." Zack said as he went to get a medicine too.

I watched them talk about everything. I can tell I'm getting a bit more comfortable with them as my memories were coming back into pieces.

Then I remembered Alex.

I came back to the bunks to check him. As I get closer, I heard sobs coming from his bunk. I slowly pulled the curtains away.

"Alex." He was still curled up in a ball like a child. He looks so vulnerable.

He's been crying the whole time.

I put my hand on top of his shoulder and squeezed it a bit to let him know that i'm here.

He cried more. I notice that there were lots of papers all around him. I picked up one and it was all lyrics.

"Can't find the words to make a song?" I asked him. He nodded.

He saved many people through their music. But he can't save himself from Lisa. Like he's trying to make himself feel better through making music about Lisa but he can't.