Chapter 22: Forget or remember

I can't afford to lose her.

I will not give up on this.

She will remember me. Or maybe not.

Whatever happens, I still love her and we could create another memories.

A memory more than it could ever be.

But still i'm waiting for her memories to come back. I won't lose hope. Not now.

"Jack?" I hear Amelie says in a groggy voice.

"Glad you're back." I told her and I gave her a small smile.

She sits up straight and she starts to question me.

"Why am I in here? What happened?" She asked me with a confused look.

I started to explain everything that happened to her and what the doctor told me. Also the medicines she should take.

"Oh..." then she stares blankly at her blanket.

It might be confusing to her. Especially having a shattered mind, its like picking up the pieces but you can't find where it is.

I took her hand and held it. I grasps on it and assured her.

"It will be okay. I'm here." I said with a bright smile to cheer her up.

She didn't responded but rather stays quiet the whole time.

I discharged her and I took her home.

She is still not speaking any words.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked her.

She shakes her head, not saying a word. Its making me worry more.

"Tell me. It's okay." I assured her.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm broken Jack. I'm not sure if I can be fix... What if I can't remember a-anything?" Her voice cracked.

AMELIE'S POV

My eyes started to tear up. My eyelids are getting heavier until I can't hold it anymore. I cried. And cried. And cried.

I'm scared to not remember anything. I'm scared that they will leave me. I'm scared to see them lose every tiny drop of hope. I'm scared that they will be disappointed in me. I'm scared to hurt anyone. I'm scared to become a stranger. I'm scared that they won't accept me.

Not the Amelie they once knew.

Jack stood up from his chair and hugged me.

"I don't care if you're broken or not. I will be here to complete you, to fix you always even if you can't be fix or can be." He whispered to me.

"But what about your feelings? You should be with a perfect and not damage person." I said.

"I don't need a perfect person. I'm happy and contented with someone imperfect. Someone I can share my incompleteness with. Someone like you because I don't see an imperfect person, I see a strong lady." He said.

I raised my chin up to see him. I looked at him. Deep hazel eyes were full of concern and affection staring back at me. He was crying too. I wiped his tears across his cheeks with my thumb.

"I love you. I can't lose you again." He said.

I hugged him again more tightly than before. It was a way to comfort myself and him. Was I being to selfish? But he said he won't leave.

"Can I trust you?" I asked him.

"Of course Amelie. You can trust me." He answered.

Yeah, I can trust his words.