Chapter 17: Love Drunk

We're taking a break from the bus as we stay here today in a hotel in Las Vegas. Its Jack's birthday today and we are gonna celebrate it.

I wore my black laced dress that lengths up to above my knees. It perfectly fit my curves. Then I wore my high heels.

Jack and Alex were already in the place.

Then I heard knocks from the door. I sneaked a one last look of me in front of the mirror before I head towards the door.

I opened the door. It reveals Rian, Cassadee, and Zach.

"You ready?" Zack asked me.

I nodded at him.

I turned to look at Cassadee. She is wearing a blue dress that matches with Rian. Awe they look so cute together.

"Hey Cass. You look gorgeous!!" I said.

"I should say the same to you." She told me.

"Long time no see." She continued.

"Yeah, you never visit the tour."

"True. Its good to be back here for once. The contest is stressing me out." She sighed.

"I always watch The Voice. You are great in every performances. And I think you'll win for sure." I told her.

"I do too." Rian joined.

"Awe, stop it guys. You're making me blush." She said. We just laughed and chuckled until Zack told us that we need to go.

--

We arrived at the place. I went in and saw a lot of famous people around. Its kind of crowded. Some are drinking and some are at the Casino.

"Guys!" I heard Jack shouted. He walked towards us alongside Alex.

"Happy birthday Jack." I hugged him. He hugged me back.

"Thanks Amelie." He whispered in my ear. We stayed like that until we heard coughs from the others. we pulled away.

"Happy birthday man!" Zack told him.

Then it was followed by Rian and Cassadee's greeting.

After that, Jack went to greet some of his guests. I don't know where the others went. I sat on a stool in a bar at the event.

"Vodka please." I requested.

The man gave me the drink. And I spill it onto my throat. I did the same over and over again because I've got nothing to do much. I'm not good at socializing.

I watched Jack as he blew his cake and Alex pushed threw the cake to Jack's face and now he's covered in icing.

Everyone bursted out laughing as Jack chased after Alex. Then the party went on.

--

I got a bit tired. My head suddenly occurred a major headache so I decided to go back to the hotel.

I sat on the couch, just waiting for them to come back.

I was rethinking some of my thoughts then it hit me, i haven't got Jack any present.

I pulled out a paper and I wrote something on it and placed it on his bed.

'It isn't enough but thats all I have for now. Happy Birthday Jack' I thought to myself.

I head back to the couch and sat. I waited for him to come back.

--

JACK'S POV

I was enjoying the party all night. Its much fun if i'm with Amelie. Speaking of which, where is she?

I went into the crowd of people and pushed past on some. I can't see her. I frowned.

"Hey did you saw Amelie?" I asked Zack as I walked by him.

"She went back to the hotel." he answered.

"Why?" I asked him.

"She said her head doesn't feel good."

"Ah okay, thanks."I left going back to the people.

How I wish to be with her right now. She doesn't feel good. But i can't ditch all of this people around.

I pushed away my thoughts and just enjoyed the party. I know that's what she wants to.

After it ended, I quickly went back to the hotel room.

I slowly opened the door.

"Amelie?" I uttered.

I shut the door and walked inside. I saw her sleeping on the couch.

'She probably waited for me.' I frowned.

I carried her to the room and laid her on the bed. She looks so peaceful watching her asleep. Her face shines in the fainted light and darkness.

I leaned in to kiss her.

I was only an inch away from her lips but I stopped.

I can't. Not her with that state. I frowned again.

I suddenly saw a letter placing on top of the bed. There is a photo of mine, a stolen shot of me in Baltimore. I unfolded the letter and read it.

" Dear Jack,

Happy Birthday to youuu!

I'm sorry I didn't bought any gifts for you. This is all I can for now. Thanks for helping me and being there always. I don't know what I would do without you. I hope you enjoy today Jack. I know this isn't enough but I will make it up to you next time.

Anyways, best wishes ! x

-Amelie"

I can't but to smile. I feel glad after reading this. I don't need all those expensive stuffs. All I need is her. Simply her.

I smiled genuinely even if she can't she it.

"I love you." I quietly whispered to her before falling asleep.