Chapter 4: Home Alone

I shot up with my eyes wide open. I heard machines beeping and connected around me. I'm inside a white room which I couldn't understand why.

I heard the door opened and I quickly shifted my eyes on it. I saw a woman running in and hugged me.

"I'm glad you're okay." She said in sobs. She pulled away and called a doctor.

Who is she?

The doctor came in. He checked on me and the bandages around me. He started listing down on the folder he's holding.

"I'm gonna ask you some question. Is that okay?"He smiled politely. I nodded in response.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Amelie Cole." I replied.

"How old are you?" I didn't know what my answer should be. Everything's a blur. My head starting to ache uncontrollably. I heard the doctor shouted for some nurses. They tried to gave me some meds.

I woke up. I dreamed of it again. The time I was in the hospital. I woke up having no clue around me. I don't know everything but my name.

I remembered how I used to live picking up the pieces, i still am but i've already recovered almost half of it.

I went out of my bed and started to fix myself. I took a bath and wear my casual clothes: a pair of skinny jeans, a striped sweater, my beanie and my vans. I'm going to Jack's today. He wanted me to. I'm probably gonna meet Zack and Rian there. I'm so excited. My feels man, knowing that i'll meet all of them. I'm still not used to the fact that i'm friends with them since our teens.

I ran downstairs seeing my mom.

"Morning!" I greeted her.

"Good morning." She greeted me with a warm smile.

"Hey mum, i'm gonna head over to Jack later." I said.

"Sure dear." She replied.

"How are you? Do you want to go back to New York?" She asked me nervously.

"Mom i'm fine. I'm starting to remember each things I need and it feels like home here." I told her. She sat down beside me.

I just got here in days and i'm starting to get a bit of fragments each from time to time. I think I will be able to get more of it.

"Good for you." She smiled. I said my goodbye before leaving.

I started walking to the directions I recall. It led me to a house, it looks simple but elegant. Classy. I rang the doorbell. I saw Jack coming and opened the door. He signaled for me to come in. I entered and removed my shoes.

"Amelie?!" I heard a woman said.

"Joyce?" I smiled. I knew her. I recall her in my memories even when I was still in New York. I ran to hug her.

"I've missed you." I said. She always come to our house and give me chocolates. She and my mum always talk a lot then I just stood in front of them and listen to them. She also give me advices during my childhood days.

"I've missed you too sweetie. You looked more beautiful." I blushed at her compliment.

"And you're always amazing." I told her.

I can't believe that Jack's mum is the Joyce I know. I mean, its different in videos and pictures than in personal.

"You knew her?" Jack gave me a confusing look.

"Yup!" I said popping the p. His mum flashed a questioningly look at us. Jack sat beside me and explained it to his mum.

-