Chapter 16: Summer we spent

Another day off from the tour.

The guys planned to go out on the beach.

I just stayed here in the sand under a coconut tree to stay out of the sun. I hate beaches. I hate the sun. It is so hot.

I wipe away the sweat with the back of my palm.

I take shots of everything around me and watch them from afar as they were playing under the water and under the overwhelming heat.

Jack animatedly splashed some water in Alex face. Zack is trying to surf in the water.

"Aren't you gonna join them?" Rian asked.

"Nah, I don't feel like going." I said.

"I guess some things never change." He smirked and he crossed his arms.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Last time we threw you on the water it got pretty bad. You hated us all day." He said then he drinks from his soda.

So I really hate the beach huh?

"That makes sense." Maybe thats why they never force me when I declined.

I feel like I need to drink something cool thats why I stand up and start yo walk to buy some drinks.

I was walking normally until I stumbled on something and fell straight with my face on the ground. Ouch.

But then, my head started to pound again.

Fuck you amnesia.

It was a very sunny day at Zack's backyard. We are spending the summer trying to figure out some songs to play and some random stuffs.

"I think you should do another Blink-182 song. That will be cool." I suggested.

"Another Blink?" Alex asked.

Everyone nodded at him in reply.

"Sounds good to me." Zack agreed.

"Yeah."

"Same."

"What song?"

Then they talked about learning another song, doing a cover and everything.

The day went on from morning to afternoon.

We just sat there awkwardly and we've been staring at anything for a while.

"Mates." Rian broke the silence and everyone looks at him.

"Wanna go to the beach this weekend?" He said reluctantly.

"Great idea! I've been bored to death at home since summer started." Jack exclaimed.

"I'll come too." Zack said.

"Same here." Alex raised his hand.

"How about you Amelie?" all heads turned to look at me.

I gulped.

"I don't know." I said.

"Why?!" They asked me in unison.

"I hate the sun." I answered.

I don't swim. I hate the heat. I hate showing some skin because I will feel insecure. I hate the saltwater. I hate...

ugh, I just don't really want to go.

"But can you just come with us?" Jack gave me the puppy dog eyes look.

I sighed.

"Fine."

They all jumped and cheered.

---