Chapter 11: Tired

"Today was amazing, fuck yeah!!!" Alex shouts. He ran out of the bus with a bottle of Jack Daniels on his hands, ready for partying.

"Time for drinks!" Jack followed Alex outside which left me, Zack, and Rian here.

"Should we go too?" Rian asked.

"Yeah, lets go." Zack agreed.

They were about to go out when they noticed me just sitting there and scrolling on my phone.

Rian pulled it out.

"Aren't you coming?" he asked.

"No?" I said.

"Boo. Such a party pooper." Zach pouted.

"You didn't even go last night."

"And the other night."

"And the other other night."

These two won't shut up don't they?

"Fine!" I shove my phone into my pocket and they pulled me out of the bus.

They high five each other as a sign of victory

Zack and Rian instantly disappeared in the crowd as they left me standing there, alone.

There are lots of people around. People and crew from different bands gathered and partied everywhere.

I rolled my eyes as I saw Jack already out with a girl, they are both drinking.

I went to get a drink and I sat on a corner.

"Hey Amelie." A girl shouted.

"Hey Tay." She sit beside me and drinks on her cup.

"Good to finally see you out here!" She said. I can tell that she's been already drinking a lot because her words are slurred.

"The guys forced me. Not like I have a choice." I said.

Tay laughed at me.

"I guess they mean that you need to loosen up for once." She told me.

"Cheers?" She said as she held out her cup. I held out my cup too.

"Cheers." I smiled and I poured the liquid unto my throat.

We talked about lots of stuffs and drunk. I'm not at the state of passing out yet but I can feel that i'm a bit getting drunk.

"Tay, Cameron has been looking for you." I saw Jordan making his way towards us. I can tell that he's still a sober, not drunk.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that I need to meet him." Tay stands up but she stumbled. Jordan catches her arms and guided her.

"Ahh I guess I'll see you around then Amelie." She told me.

"Sure." I smiled. Jordan waved at me too. Then they went on.

I let out a heavy sigh.

I'm left again, I just drink a bit of liquid in my cup. I watch the people have fun and drink like there's no tomorrow. I can also hear music everywhere.

Then I noticed someone on the other side of the ground, Alex. He looks a bit off. I wonder if there is something wrong.

I walked towards him. He is sat on the grass hugging his knees and staring blankly on the ground.

Then he noticed me as I take a sit beside him.

"Hey Amelie? Aren't you gonna party out there?" He acted like he is happy with his infamous smile and cheery voice.

"Alex, quit it." I look at him seriously.

"Quit what?" He let out a nervous laugh.

"Acting. What's wrong?" then he suddenly broke down. Crying. He is clutching his phone so I guess it just happened. I rubbed circles around his back for comfort. Its a bit unfamiliar seeing him cry like this. He looks so... broken.

"Lisa broke up with me." He manage to say it even though he's dying inside.

But my concern is, of all people, Lisa? I wonder what she did.

As I recall, she's one of those famous people around school when we're back in high school.

"What?!" I was surprised.

He told me every details of what happened.

"She wants Me to have a decent job other than being in this industry but I couldn't afford giving up one of my dreams. I can give up some things but not this. Giving up a dream is like giving up a life. Then she brought up our past issues."

"I thought she was the one who could understand me of all people" He cried more and more. He looks pissed off and angry then later it shifted into a frown. I guess Lisa means a lot to him. I don't get it why Lisa would do it to him, Alex loves her a lot. He cared for her. He is romantic to her. And all he did is mostly for her.

Isn't that enough?

I suddenly shuddered at the thought of 'love'. A simple word can turn someone into a wrecked man.

"I know its not alright. You loved her. If she can't do the same, its alright that you leave her. You deserve more than that. You deserve the best Alex." I told him.

"I'm still confused." He uttered.

"Do you have a minute to come with me?" I asked him. He nodded at me and gave me a questionable look.

I drag him up and led him somewhere.

There is an amusement park near us but it is closed. Enough for us to have a quiet place.

"Laugh." I said.

"W-hat?" Alex asked.

"Laugh." I repeated.

"Huh?"

"Laugh or scream, or whatever the hell you want."

"For?"

"To make yourself feel better. Let it all out."

He stares at me for a bit. Then he heave out a loud sigh.

"AHAHAHAHAHAH" Then he started laughing and screaming some words loudly.

I joined him then. We both laugh like some lunatic who laughs for no reason.

I know a laugh can't take away the pain but it can make you feel a bit lighter.

His laugh was joyful then suddenly shifted from sadness, anguish, and anger.

We continued like that for a couple of minutes until it died down. Alex and I shared a contact. We giggled.

He wiped his eyes and looked at me.

"It worked. Thank you Mel, I feel a bit better now." He told me.

I gave him an assuring smile in return.

"I know Lisa might be thinking of what she wasted right now." I said.

"She better be. I'm one of a kind." He chuckled. I laughed at him.

"But whatever it is, Thank you Mel for being here. Its late, I think we should head back to our bunks." He stand up and walked back into the tour bus.

I guess he's right. He is tired. Let him rest.