Chapter 29: Dinner

I stare at the woman in front of me in her black elegant minidress. I curled the ends of my hair and applied a bit of a make-up as Tay told me to do.

"Perfect." I smiled in my own contentment.

I sighed. Seriously, we could have just eat our dinner here while I could cook for him. But Jack won't agree. He wants to take me to a real dinner date, that'll probably cost a lot. I couldn't argue that's why I decided to just agree.

"Amelie??" I heard Jack called me out in the front, waiting for me to get ready for our dinner date.

Grabbing my purse, I slowly made my way out.

I looked at Jack.

Damn! He looks so handsome in his black leather jacket, a dark blue plaid shirt, and his famous skinny jeans. His hair is also gorgeously messy.

He greets me with a smile and a kiss on the cheek.

"You look stunning." He whispered in my ears.

"I should say the same to you too." I said. Then he intertwined my hands with his. He led me to our way.

I saw a car, parked. He opened the door for me. "Come on in Mademoiselle." He gestured for me to load myself inside. I laughed a bit at his fail attempt of a french accent then I finally take the seat beside the driver's seat.

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Monsieur."

He closed the door and he went on the driver's seat and he turned on the car.

"Jack?" He was getting the car keys in his pocket.

"Hmm yeah?"

"You don't want to get us killed yet, don't you?" I joked.

"Meanie." Jack pouted as he did his seatbelt. I sneaked a kiss on his cheek, he turned his head to look at me and he genuinely smiled.

He clutched on the steering wheel and press the gas pedal and he drove all the way.

--

We arrive on the place on this dark evening. Jack booked a hotel so we can stay long enough as much as we want without the others worrying about us.

We entered the place as the waiter led us unto the reserved table. We ordered our foods and waited for it to be serve. After minutes of chatting, The foods finally arrived and we started to eat.

I swallowed a bit of the steak. Hmm.

"Remember back in this place when our mums used to go out and they tag us along?" Jack said.

I suddenly realized that this was the exact place.

"Yes. We were laughing and playing while our mums were chatting."

"I had no idea back then on what they were talking about, but they are actually shipping us." He said while he flushed like a red tomato.

"And here we are now." I giggled.

Our conversation went on, reminiscing about the past and how the others coping up so well.

I've really been gone for so long.

"Uh Jack?"

"Hmm?"

I took a sip on my glass of red wine before I started talking. "How come you're not angry at me after leaving you without saying goodbye?"

He closed his eyes and he took a deep breath.

"I was, I tried, but in the end, I can't. I'm too inlove to let go. I know if not now, if it's really meant to be, someday we'll meet again. I always believe that you have a reason for that. And that's what keeps me going even though it hurts. But after all it's worth it, you're here now, and that's all that matters." He smiled calmly at me. I placed my hand on top of his as I reassured him.

He stands up from his seat. He also drag me up, we are now both standing still.

I am surprise by his next action, he kneels in front of me, holding a box with a silver shining ring inside of it.

"Amelie, we had known each other for so long, since we were kids and up to now. I never thought I would be so truly, madly, deeply in love with you. Even though after all those obstacles, fate let you come back to me. Damn, I'm no good in speeches but, for all I know that you're the one I want to spend my whole life with. Someone who proved me everything. Someone that I can share my life with. The other half of me. I know this is not-so-romantic idea for proposing but,

.... Amelie will you marry me?"

I launched myself at him for a hug. I am so happy that I can barely speak and I am shaking. I didn't notice that my eyes are tearing up.

I cupped both of his cheek and gave him chaste kiss.

"Yes." I whispered.

His reaction was priceless. His eyes widen, he starts to shout around like we are the only people in the world.

He took my hand and he placed a kiss on top before putting the ring on.

---

After that night, we decided to go our hotel room.

It was a very eventful day, I waited for hin to finish taking a bath so we can go rest. I sat on a chair near a table. I searched for a paper and a pen.

I scribbled down all my thoughts as the moment passed.

Suddenly, a pair of arms engulfed me. I can smell his scent. He kissed the top of my head and whispered. "I love you."

"I love you too." I said.

He turned my chair around as he leans towards me. He starts to kiss me on my lips passionately. I felt my arms find their way to his neck and hair while his, is at my waist. He closed off the distance between us as I stand up from my sit.

This make-out session turned more heated as I felt him wrap my legs upon him, carrying my weight to the bed as we stumbled in it.

But he then, he stops.

"Why?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry. I know you aren't ready yet." He looked at me with worried eyes and concern over his voice.

"No. It's alright Jack. I made up my mind." I told him.

"Are you sure?" he asked me.

I blinked my eyes and without hesitation, I told him, "Yes."

Then I grabbed to kiss him.

And this was it, i'm losing it for the first time. I'm losing myself, my v to the man I love.