Chapter 18: Voiceless

I woke up early in the morning feeling a warmth against me. I slowly opened my eyes. I was strangled with Jack. His arm was around me and I was facing him.

I slowly removed myself from his grasps.

I made my way to the kitchen to cook something for him. I opened the fridge to get some bacon and egg. I put in it on the pan until it cooked. It smells good. I also made some sandwich.

I placed it in a plate and went to make it ready on a tray.

I came back with the tray on my hand.

I can see him just waking up and stretching.

"Morning." I said as I stood there.

"Good morning." His voice was groggy.

I walked towards him as he sat up on his bed and I placed the tray.

"Is this for me?" He asked.

"No, its for me." I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Wow, this is amazing!" He started eating the breakfast I made until he emptied the plate and he drunk the water.

"Are we gonna head back to the show later?" I asked him.

"Yeah, Matt texted me that he'll come pick us up before lunch." He said.

Then the next hour, we already prepared ourselves. I finally took a normal shower in a bathroom rather than in a bus. I can feel that i'm more freshen up in a normal bathroom.

We checked out of the hotel and waited until the bus arrived.

We told our goodbyes to Cassadee as we loaded in.

--

A show at another state today. I am watching All Time Low's set I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I looked to my side and saw Tay.

"Hey gurl." She said as she stand beside me.

"Have you realized it already?" She asked me.

I sigh heavily and I lean on a wall. I look at Alex again, he winks at me. Tay looks between him and I.

"I..." I'm out of words to say.

"It's obvious." She speaks.

"Obvious?"

"He likes you too." I felt a smile crept unto my face. I can't help but feel happy about the fact that maybe he likes me.

"I think I know the answer." I said.

"Finally." She crossed her arms and she grinned.

--

Their show ended a while ago. I headed towards the bus to find Alex. I went inside and I saw him staring blankly on the table.

He looks up when he heard my footsteps.

"Where are the guys?" I asked him. He moves on the side then he gestured for me to sit beside him.

"I have no particular idea where they went." He said.

ALEX'S POV

"Uhm Alex?"

"Yeah?" I asked.

She gave me a stern look.

"I got something to tell you." She said in a serious voice.

My heart pounded at the thought of what may she said.

"I think I'm falling for you." My eyes widen in surprised. My face started to grin but in a split second, I stopped it.

I admit that I am happy but at the same time I feel guilty.

"No, you can't." I said shakily.

"Why?" she asked confused. I stared at the ground to cover my feelings up.

"Cause you like Jack." I told her with my voice low. I'm afraid if I say it out loud my voice will crack.

"No, it's you."

"No."

"What do you mean?" I can see her tears are forming.

"I'm not rejecting you. I'd be happy if you really have feelings for me too but I am not the one you like and the truth is, you and Jack were together before you got into an accident." It's true.

The first day I met her I laid my eyes on her. But the more we get closer, the more it gets complicated especially the day that Jack told me that he loves her. I couldn't do anything but just watch and let them be. They are the things I treasured the most. I don't want them to lose their shine.

"But he and I were best friends?"

"Yeah. Before you and him got together." I confessed.

She stood there unknowingly what to do. She run her fingers through her hair. I think it took her awhile to process all her thoughts.

"I'm confused." Her tears were falling. I want to go and hug her but I can't. Jack will kill me. Their situation is already hard so why should I even be a load to them. I'm knowing my limits as much as possible.

But fuck it.

I reached for her but then she's gone. She ran away.

I sat in the floor and punched the wall. Even now, I still can't manage to tell her about my feelings.

"Hey Amelie, I like you too." I whispered to the wind.

Five words I can't manage to say to her.

She can't hear me.

She never will.

My songs aren't enough for her to hear.

I will always be voiceless.