Chapter 6: All we need to do

"Hun, I'm gonna head back to work now." I heard mum yelled downstairs.

"Yeah good luck! Be safe." I told her before she left.

I lie on the bed and stared at the wall. I've been doing nothing all day but jam with songs, blog and save every photos I took.

I glanced on the side and saw a photo of me and Jack. It was similar to the one in Jack's house [A/N: In chapter 3].

I held it in my hand and went to look at it closer. I saw a note on the lower back.

'December 2, 2005, Our first day of forever.' It says.

"Forever?" I mumbled. From what I remember, Jack and I used to be so close. Maybe this means like forever besties. Yeah.

I put in back in place and just lay there in peace. I closed my eyes and drifted into thoughts.

Mom's gone again and i'm left with my dad. I stayed in my room and do nothing at all.

It was silent until I heard something being thrown at my window.

I decided to look and see. It was Jack on the ground.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in a shush tone.

"Let's hang out?" He yelled.

"Shhh!" I signalled for him to lower his voice.

"I'm grounded." I told him. He said nothing and started to walk off.

But I saw him climbing over the tree. I started panicking.

"Jack!"

"What? shush." He said calmly.

"Jack get down! Its dangerous."

He continued climbing quietly. I was so nervous that he would fall but I felt a sense of relief when he landed softly on my window.

"See? I didn't fell." He said as he successfully landed.

"What brings you here? Shouldn't you be at Zack's?" I asked him.

"I can't leave my best friend grounded all by herself."

"Awe thats why I love you. Thanks Jack. I've been trying to find a way to kill time." I said.

"Anyways, I brought my gameboy!" He said as he brought out something from his pocket.

"Yayyyyyy!" I exclaimed.

He loaded the card inside the console and we played for hours. It was pokemon.

"Dammit. I can't beat this damn thing." Jack frowned. He gave me his gameboy and I played.

He is right. It is a hard round in the league. I tried to fight with all of my pokemon but I also failed. I handed It to Jack and slumped on the floor.

I opened my eyes when I started hearing someone calling out my name.

"Amelie?"

"Amelie?"

I quickly went downstairs and opened the door.

"I thought there is no one home." He spoke. I gestured for him to come inside.

He sat on the couch.

"Where's Grace?" He asked.

"Mum's at work. I'm left with myself." I told him.

He went silent like he was thinking of something.

"Cmon, let's go out." He exclaimed as he pulled me but I resisted.