Shocking Diagnosis

Y/N's POV

I was nervous as we sat arofund in the hospital waiting area. When we got there, I had sent a text to An, letting her know where I am. Dinah's been the one who has reassured me that Ally will be alright and that there is no reason to be nervous.

"Family and Friends of Allyson Brooke Hernandez?" Our group stands up after hearing the doctor call. We follow him to room 1993 where he motions for us to keep pur volume down. He opens the door and we step inside, my eyes locking on the girl lying on the bed in the far corner. I see Normani and Dinah on one side of Ally, while Lauren and Camila are on the other side. I join Dinah and admire Ally with all her beauty.

"Excuse me, Miss." The doctor says. We all turn to face him.

"I'm Doctor Stevenson, and it looks like Ms. Hernandez has what's known as Vocal Chord Dysfunction or VCD. Basically, as she sings and dances on stage, her vocal chords triggered a tightening of her airways and then a lost of consciousness. We have temporarily paralyzed her vocal chords, so she won't be able to speak for a few hours. As for singing, it will be a minimum of three weeks before she should attempt to sing. Also, when she does sing, try your best to limit her physical activity on stage." He explains.

"When will she wake up?" Normani asks.

"In an hour or so." He replies. We nod silently. Doctor Stevenson turns around and leaves.

"Guys, I hope she'll be alright. What'll we do without her?" I hear Camila ask in a small, cracking voice. Lauren comforts her first, but we jump in soon after.

"She'll make it. Our Allysus is strong." Dinah says. Forty-five minutes later, Ally's eyes begin to flutter open. Camila and Dinah both fly out of their seats and end up headbutting each other. I suppress a giggle and look over to see Ally wide-eyed, in a confused state.

"Lauren, get a nurse!" Normani yells, to Lauren immediately acts. Lauren returns with a nurse, who hands Ally a pen and a notepad. The nurse explains to Ally her condition and Ally's go wider, if that's possible. Then the nurse turns to us.

"Ally is good to go. Remember, rest and no singing for a while."

"Thanks, we'll make sure of that." Normani says. The nurse nods and leaves. We take turns hugging Ally one by one, with me last. When it's my turn, Dinah jumps in and introduces me. Ally nods in understanding and we embrace. Camila holds the door open while I help Ally out of bed and toward the washroom. After Ally changes out of the hospital gown, we met Rob, with sweat on his face, at the front entrance.

"Paparazzi, girls." He says, the girls nod, but I'm confused. Rob chuckles at my expression.

"You will know soon enough." I shrug. Rob opens the door to hospital and we're immediately bombarded by camera flashes from all directions. I also many people shoving microphones and yelling questions in Ally's face.

"GET BACK! CAN'T YOU SEE SHE'S STILL RECOVERING? SHE'S IN NO CONDITION TO ANSWER YOUR STUPID QUESTIONS! NOW, MOVE!" I yell, angry and frustrated. That outburst seemed to do the trick. They allowed us through and Rob got us in the car. As he starts to drive away, Dinah speaks up:

"Damn Y/N, impressive! I've never seen anyone do that before, apart from Rob, of course." I blush at her comment.

"Thanks, it's just they were getting on my nerves and Ally's too I bet. Do you guys deal with that on a daily basis?" I ask. I feel a tap on my shoulder. Ally hands me her notepad.

Yeah, although none of us could shut them up like you did. We could really use someone like you. Hey I know, how about we hire you to be my personal assistant?

I look up to see her smirking.

"Whipped!" Dinah yells. I laugh before feeling Ally lay her head on my shoulder.

"And to answer your question, I would love to be your personal assisstant, Ally."

Thanks for reading guys! Do you guys like the bond you and Ally share? Comment below! Also, tell me who you ship in Fifth Harmony (Excluding Ally)!