Meeting the Sister

Y/N's POV

I watch alarmed as her breathing becomes uneven. Worried, I guide her over to the couch in the living room so that she could sit down and catch her breath. I take a seat next to her, carefully intertwining her fingers with mine.

"I h-have a sister?" Ally asks all of sudden. I smile.

"Yes, apparently you do and she's coming this afternoon." I respond, which turned out to be a mistake.

"What if she doesn't LIKE ME?" Ally asks panicking. I jump at her sudden outburst while somebody sprints down the stairs. Lauren pokes her head in to the room bearing a confused expression.

"She'll like you Ally, who doesn't? You're super sweet, a ball of sunshine, always willing to help others. What's not to like about you?" I say. Her tears flow freely as she clings on to me tightly like a monkey, burying her head in to my chest.

 Her tears flow freely as she clings on to me tightly like a monkey, burying her head in to my chest

"You're right. I guess I was overreacting a bit." She says. I let out a hearty chuckle.

"Yup, but that's okay. Wanna make some breakfast for the others before Dinah comes down and freaks out?" I ask, causing her to burst out laughing before nodding with an adorable smile.

"Hold it! What are you two talking about?" Lauren asks, clearly not understanding our conversation earlier. I turn to face my girlfriend.

"You want me to tell her, or do you....." I trail off, as she motions to herself. I nod and let her speak while I hold her hand.

"I found a note on the kitchen counter from Brandon a couple minutes ago. We have a guest coming this afternoon, who happens to be my younger sister, Aaliyah." Ally says with a small smile.

"Wait, you have a sister too?" Lauren asks.

"Apparently, although I didn't know about her until now. My parents didn't want her exposed to the media, so they kept her hidden in order for her to live a normal life." Ally replies before we get up from the couch. Lauren nods in understanding, and smiles.

"Great! I can't wait to meet her!" Lauren says excitedly. Ally and I laugh at her enthusiasm as we make our way to the kitchen. Twenty minutes of hard cooking later, six plates of bacon, eggs and sausages were placed on the dining table along with six glasses of orange juice. The three of us dig in as we wait for the sleepyheads to awaken from their slumber. Normani came down first, followed by Camila, and lastly Dinah.

"Girls, we have a guest coming over today after lunch." Ally announces as the latecomers eat.

"Who?" Mani asks, as they look at Ally, waiting for an answer.

"My sister, Aaliyah."

"But you don't have one." Camila says.

"That's what I though too, but it turns out I do." Ally says with a smile. The three of them look pleasantly surprised as Ally explains the story of the note.