Safe and Sound Pt.II

Y/N's POV

I cradle her gently as Demi pulls in to the hospital's emergency area just past midnight.

"We're here Allycat." I say, gently nudging her awake. She slowly stirs and her eyes flutter open. When she sees me, she shows her beautiful smile. We get out of the car and I carry her inside the emergency ward where two nurses greet us.

"Hi, my girlfriend here had just been abused by her friend earlier, and we want to get her checked out to make sure she's alright." I say. They nod and one of them pulls out a clipboard before quickly something on it.

"Excellent, please take a seat in the waiting area. You'll be called shortly." The shorter one says. We nod and make our way over to the waiting area. 'Shortly' turned out to be over four hours later.

"For Miss Hernandez?" A doctor calls, snapping me awake from my nap. I quickly wake Demi and Ally as well. The three of us make our way over and he leads us to an examination room.

"Sir, with all due respect, one of your nurses told us that we would be called soon when we arrived. We had to wait for 4 hours! Why weren't we seen earlier?" I ask agitated.

"Miss Y/LN, I had other important cases to attend to

"Miss Y/LN, I had other important cases to attend to. You must understand that Miss Hernandez's condition was not life threatening and as a result she was pushed back in the cue." He snaps back, surprising me with his attitude. He roughly yanks Ally by the arm and instructs her to sit down on the bed. Ally winces in obvious discomfort from the violent motion, causing my blood to boil. The doctor examines her injuries rather quickly and immediately calls the nurses in. They drag me out of the room and keep me detained in another without any explanation whatsoever. An officer walks in, slaps on a pair of handcuffs on me, and motions for me to follow him. He leads me back to where Ally and Demi was, but orders us to keep our distance. Ally and I exchange confused glances before he explains.

"Miss Y/LN, I believe Dr. Stevenson has something he would like to say."

"Thank you officer. Miss Y/LN, I have reviewed her medical files, and I have noticed that Miss Hernandez has been to the hospital on numerous occasions, all of which when she was with you. Subsequently, I have contacted the authorities both here in Papeete and in San Antonio. The State of Texas has filed a restraining order against you on behalf Miss Hernandez that prohibits you from getting within 30 metres of her." The doctor says.

"Dr. Stevenson, can you prove that Miss Hernandez's previous hospital visits were as a result of Miss Y/LN's actions? Or was she just a person who wanted to help her girlfriend in her times of greatest need?" Demi asks, after remaining silent.

"And who are you young lady?" Doctor Stevenson asks, peering at her.

"I'm Demetria Devonne Lovato." She replies with confidence.

" She replies with confidence