Sticking Together

Ally's POV

I feel my cheeks heat up as Y/N speaks. Probably looking like a super ripe tomato, I bury my face in to her chest.

"Awe Als, there's no need to hide your blush!" Y/N says. That makes me push my face further in to her. Her arms instinctively wrap around me protectively, before the sound of a photo being taken rings throughout the room.

"DJ!" I hear Y/N complain, but also laughing at the same time.

"But you two are so cute! Like literally, you two are GOALS!" Dinah replies, attempting to defend herself.

"Fair enough." Y/N responds in defeat. I suddenly lift my head up, as I smell an obnoxious odor. Before I could, Camila asks the question on my mind.

"What is that smell?" She asks. At this, the others start sniffing, sorta looking like dogs in the process. The sound of somebody running down the hallway causes us to turn our head curiously towards the door. Not long after, a nurse pokes her head in the door.

"Evacuate! There is a fire in this wing!" She exclaims, evidently panicking, before quickly leaving. My four band mates also start panicking, looking quite lost, and unsure of what to do.

"GIRLS!" I yell, catching their attention.

"Take a deep breath, and calm down for a moment." I say, encouragingly. They nod. After a minute of silence, my girlfriend speaks up.

"Um, now that every is calm, how 'bout we get the heck out of here?!" She says, causing the rest of us to burst out laughing.

"Yes ma'am!" They chorus before Dinah carries Y/N on her back. We slowly stumble our way out the door and down the hall towards the exit light. That is, until we round the corner and come face to face with a raging inferno.

"This ain't good!" DJ points out.

"Thanks, Einstein!" Mani exclaims. We turn around, and head the other way. At the end of the hallway, away from the fire, there isn't an exit, only stairs.

"Up or down?" DJ asks. I was about to say down, but the amount of smoke below said otherwise.

"Up, we'll choke if we go down." I say quickly but authoritatively. We make our up to next floor, and find it completely deserted. Sprinting down the hallway, we make it about halfway before we're forced to stop. The floor is giving off steam, meaning it's far too hot to walk on. What's worse is the fact that Normani looks like she's tap dancing. The heat is spreading, and fast. We turn around, deciding to head back to the staircase to ascend another floor, but the fire has already spread to the stairwell.

"Now what?" Mila asks, looking as white as snow.

"We stay strong, and together." Y/N says, from Dinah's shoulders. With nowhere to go, we head in to one of the open rooms. Y/N is placed down on the bed, and I sit next to her while they peer out the window. Y/N pulls me in to hug as we watch the girls in silence. I feel her plant a kiss on my cheek, and I return the favour.

"Anything?" I ask.

"There are fire trucks down there, but I don't think they know we're here. Imma open the window and let them know." Dinah says. She opens the window, and starts shouting.

"OI! WE NEED HELP UP HERE!"

"It worked! They're sending someone up in a bucket thingy!" Mani says, excitedly. Soon, I see a firefighter riding in make shift lift contraption, hooked up to a fire truck's ladder.