Our Hero

Ally's POV

That can't be! God, please don't let her leave us, leave the world, or leave the fans!

"Alright, this is it. One at a time now please! Miss Hernandez, why we do your polygraph test first?" The officer asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I nod instinctively, before following him inside the room. He motions for me to take a seat at a table in the center as he connects a series of wires to my right hand which is resting on the table in front of me before heading to the booth from where the wires originate.

 He motions for me to take a seat at a table in the center as he connects a series of wires to my right hand which is resting on the table in front of me before heading to the booth from where the wires originate

"Did you fire the shot at Normani Kordei Hamilton?" The officer asks from the booth.

"No."

"Okay, were you involved in the crime in any way, shape, or form?"

"No, I was victim."

"Thank you very much, Miss Hernandez. It appears you've passed your test with flying colours, and as such, I would like to offer you an apology. Please wait outside the door for the rest of your friends to complete the test as well." He says with a small smile. I accept his apology, and exit the room, straight in Y/N's arms. Ten minutes later, with three more passes, we're led to the front of the station where the officer hands us a set of keys.

"Uh, officer? I think you gave us the wrong keys." Lauren says, inspecting the key in her hands.

"Oh dear, I must've forgotten to tell you ladies earlier. Your vehicle has been transported to a forensics lab for analysis, therefore we have gotten you a temporary rental vehicle for the next week or so. We'll let you know when you'll be able to come and collect yours."

"Okay. Thank you officer. We had better be on our way to the hospital now." Dinah says. We nod, and follow her outside. Lauren clicks the unlock button on the key fob, and the lights on a SUV parked a few feet away flicker on.

"Come on, lets go!" As soon as we enter the car, it starts to move. Y/N holds me tightly as we speed down the highway.

"Do you think Mani will forgive me?" I ask, looking in to her beautiful Y/E/C eyes. She softly smiles at me and plants a small kiss on my forehead.

"Of course she will. Why wouldn't she?" I nod, but remain unconvinced. As we approach the hospital, I intertwine my fingers with hers, feeling increasingly anxious. A few minutes later, we pull in to the emergency department parking lot and randomly selected a parking stall. Once we had stopped, the three of them sprinted towards the door while I stayed behind and sent small prayer to God, asking for forgiveness.