Young and Beautiful

Camila's POV

"A d-death certificate?" I repeat, taken aback. Lo nods solemnly before heading towards the door, but before she could open it, it flies open from the other side.  A middle aged man hurriedly steps walks in, nearly mowing down Lauren in his rush.

"My apologies miss; are you alright?" He asks. Lauren nods clearly unamused by the mishap.

"I'm fine

"I'm fine. May I ask what's the rush?"

"There is an urgent matter regarding Miss Y/LN that I must inform you of. We've just uncovered evidence that points to Dr. Boyle being a fraud; thus, we've elected to re-evaluate all patients under her care, including Miss Y/LN. I'm Dr. Thompson, a board certified doctor trained in and practicing emergency medicine for the last decade." Dr. Thompson says. We nod, allowing him to proceed.

"Ladies, it looks like she seriously injured her left lung. I'm detecting very limited movement of that lung. She'll need to have surgery to have it repaired, but Miss Y/LN is managing alright on one lung." He informs us as he listens to her body with a stethoscope.

"When will she head in for surgery?" I ask.

"If you'd like, we can have her in in about two hours."

"Sounds good." Lauren and I reply simultaneously. Dr. Thompson nods and hurriedly scribbles something on his clipboard before leaving. Lo and I remain beside Y/N, continually praying for her recovery. Just as Dr. Thompson said, Y/N was taken away for her surgery two hours later. While Y/N was in surgery, Lauren and I were ushered to a waiting room for periodic updates.

"Hello?" I say, answering a call about two hours in to the two and a half hour operation.

"Mila? It's Mani."

"What's up?"

"Ally's woken up and she wants to see Y/N. Dinah and I don't know what to tell her." Mano says.

"Well, Y/N is in surgery at the moment, but it's going smoothly. How's Allycat?" I ask. 

"She's doing good, and her swelling has gone down quite a bit. Dr. Martin says Ally should be good to go in a few hours. I'm guessing Y/N's going to be a bit longer?" Mani asks. 

"Yup, she should be out so-" I'm cut off by a nurse suddenly entering the room with a smile on her face. 

"Hang on a sec Mani, a nurse just came in." I say quickly before covering the phone. 

"Miss Y/LN is now out of surgery which was a total success. She is currently on her way to a room as we speak. Dr. Thompson suggests a further stay of a day at most for recovery." The nurse says before motioning for us to follow her. As soon as we leave the waiting room, I reconnect the phone to my ear.