10|| A Million Days.

"It's only been an hour since you left me, but it feels like a million days."

"Where the hell have you been, Am?! I've been calling and texting you!

"Where the hell have you been, Am?! I've been calling and texting you!." Josie yells, starting in on me the moment I planted myself down into her Ford Fusion's black leather seats. I sighed.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked her to pick me up from the airport, I mused as I put on my seatbelt while Josie started the car and drove off.

"Calm down, Jo. I'll explain everything when we get to my house."

"Nuh-uh, you're going to explain everything now! Do you know your mom kept calling me? I wouldn't answer the phone at first, but the ringing was getting on my nerves so I answered it. She kept asking me where you were and I couldn't give her an answer, you know why? Because I had no idea where you were!."

"Josie, I told you I was with Prince."

She briefly takes her eyes off the road to look at me and looks back at the road again.

"You did, but when I called to see if either of you would answer the phone, I got the maid instead. All she told me was you both stepped out for the night."

"Oh..."

"Yeah, 'Oh'." She says, mocking my soft tone. I roll my eyes. "So, if you weren't at Paisley, where'd y'all go?"

"...."

"And don't think not telling me is going to stop me from finding out."

"Why do I have to tell you where we went? I'm back safe aren't I?"

"That's not the point, Amelie!." She almost yells. "Anything could've happened to you while you were gone and we wouldn't have known because you decided not to tell anyone where you were!."

I was taken aback by the tone in Josie's voice, but I wasn't going to let her berate me as if I'm her child. I'm a grown woman. I can go wherever with whom ever I please.

"First off, I'm gonna need you to take a breath and relax, Josie." I tell her. "Second, Prince had a show last night and wanted me to come with him. So, I went. Okay? Afterward, we stayed in a hotel. Nothing happened. He slept on the couch and I slept in the bed."

"Oh. Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I don't know. I meant to call you and my mom back when we got to the hotel, I just...my mind wasn't on calling anyone at the time. Not even Zayn."

"He called you too?"

"Yeah." I reply with a slight roll of my eyes. "I didn't want to hear his lame excuse as to why I haven't seen him in three, no five days actually now, so I didn't call him back."

"He's going to be upset."

"I don't care. He should've told me he wasn't coming home for a few days."