32|| She's Always In My Hair

Whenever I feel like givin' up
Whenever my sunshine turns to rain
Whenever my hopes and dreams
Are aimed in the wrong direction
She's always there
Tellin' me how much she cares
She's always in my hair

Prince's POV

"I wish I could tell you," My fingers gently brushed her hair away from her face as I hovered over her sleeping frame, "How much I love you

"I wish I could tell you," My fingers gently brushed her hair away from her face as I hovered over her sleeping frame, "How much I love you. But, you've been hurt before. I've been hurt-and hurt others-so many times. I want things to be different."

I placed a soft kiss on her slightly parted lips, being careful not to wake her. I don't know what made me confess something like this to her, a week after the whole Mayte thing, but I needed to get this off my chest. I had to tell Amelie how I really feel about her. Even if she can't hear a word I'm saying right now.

"Please, don't be mad at me about Mayte showing up that night. I had no idea she was there," I whispered softly and placed another kiss on her lips. She stirred, but thankfully, she didn't wake up.

After watching her sleep for a little while longer, I decided it was time for me to get back to work. Things with the album are coming along smoothly. At least, they were. I've hit a snag in the lyrical department on one of the songs. It seems that I can't get the words to flow the way I want them to.

Maybe I'll figure it out tonight. At least, that's what i'm hoping for.

"I'll be back later," I muttered to myself, promising that I wouldn't be away from Amelie longer than an hour or two. No more. No less.

I had to get this done so I could get back to her.

One long corridor and one elevator later, I finally made it to studio B. Taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly, I opened the door and walked inside.

"Okay, focus, Prince," Mumbling to myself as I took a seat in front of my studio console, I reached over, grabbed my notebook, a pen, and attempted to pull my thoughts together enough to finish the song, "What's the next line?"

Slowly closing my eyes, I began to think about the first time Amelie and I made love. How it felt. How she felt. It was as if we melted into each other and no one could tell where she began or I ended.

It was...perfect.

A gentle tap of the pen on the table brought me back to the task at hand. Pulling me back to reality before I get carried away. I took another deep breath and exhaled.

Come on, Prince.

Think.

After a few minutes, I opened my eyes and began to write the first words that came to mind.

Turn the lights off.

Strike a candle.

No one that I've ever, knows how 2 handle my body