14|| Soul Sanctuary.

"Loving U in silence, knowing that it's right. Under your gaze I ponder this love 2night. Unbothered by the chaos swirling 'round outside. In your arms is where I want 2 live and die."

"Shhh

"Shhh. It's okay, baby. I've got you." His soothing soft baritone in my ear helped calm me briefly, but I still held onto him as if he'd disappear.

"I--I'm sorry, i don't mean to cry, I just--."

"No, it's okay. You're upset. It's alright to cry." He tells me, still speaking in that soft, calm tone. "Come on, let's go sit down."

I nod, allowing him to pull away from our hug and take my hand in his, leading me inside while I close the door behind me. He lets go of my hand once we make it over to the couch, and I sit down, burying my face into my hands as he sits next to me.

"Let me see it." He says, causing me to look up at him. I present my wrist to him, the vibrant black and blue--almost purplish-- bruise that had already begun to form standing out on my brown skin.

A soft sigh escapes his lips as he gently cups my wrist in his hand while he examines it, the expression on his face giving away nothing about what he's thinking.

"Does it still hurt?"

"A little." I reply softly, making him sigh again, but say nothing as he lets go of my wrist, stands up, walks over to the kitchenette, grabs some ice out of the ice chest, wraps it in a small towel, and walks back over to me.

He silently sits next to me, takes my hand, lightly pulls it onto his lap, and places the ice onto my wrist.

"Thank you." I mumble softly while looking down at the ice, the slight throbbing in my wrist being momentarily quieted.

He sighs and shakes his head. "I can't believe you let him do this to you."

My eyes widened at his words, a small frown etched across my features as I look up at him. "I didn't let him do anything. He grabbed me, and I told him to let me go, but he wouldn't. So, how is that me letting him do this?"

"I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that if you had stayed with me in the first place instead of going back to him, none of this would've happened."

"Oh really? And what would you have done if Zayn came looking for me?."

"I would've protected you, Amelie! That's what! He wouldn't have been able to get near you."

"Yeah, I'm sure he wouldn't." I mumbled with a slight roll of my eyes. He sighed, removing the ice from my wrist and sitting it on the table.

"Look, I don't want to argue with you, baby. You just got here. We should be doing something fun after you rest."

"You're right. We shouldn't be arguing right now." I reply with a nod, turning my body a little so that I'm giving him my full attention. "What type of fun things did you have in mind?"

"You'll see." He smirks, reaching over and tucking a few strands of my hair behind my ear. "How was your flight?"

"It was good. Long, but good." I smiled. "Do you have a show tonight or tomorrow?"

He smiles back. "Tonight. I'd like you to be there."

My smile widens a little. "You know I will. W--would I be arriving there with you or by myself?."

"With me, of course."

"Oh. Are you sure?" I asked, a flush of color making its way to my cheeks.

He chuckles, allowing his fingers to run along my jawline before cupping my face into his hand and gently running his thumb back and forth across my cheek. "Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

I hesitated a bit before speaking, i wasn't sure if i should mention the paparazzi being at the airport. I mean, if they were waiting out there, who's to say they wouldn't be outside the venue? Or even somewhere around the hotel?

"No reason. I was just asking."

"Are you nervous about this, baby?"

About being here alone with you?

About us walking into the venue together?

About the paparazzi possibly being at the venue? Or the hotel?

And about finally meeting your band when we get to the venue?

Yes.

"No. There's only thousands of people's eyes that will be on us when we walk in together. Why would I be?" I reply, making him chuckle.

"They won't see us. We'll already be inside by the time they show up."

"Oh, right." I mutter, completely forgetting that they'll be doing last minute rehearsals by the time everyone arrives.

"Don't be nervous." He softly replies, running his thumb back and forth across my cheek again as I close my eyes and lean into his touch while taking his free hand in mine. "Everything will be fine."

"Everything will be fine." I repeat his words with a slight nod of my head, making him smile.

"Yes it will." He leans in, gently pecks my lips and pulls back before the kiss could turn into anything more, making me slightly pout and him chuckle. "How about we take a nap so we'll be rested for the show later?"

"Are you sure you're not just trying to get me into bed with you?."

Chuckling lowly, he replies, "Baby, if I wanted to get you into bed, I wouldn't use us taking a nap together as an excuse. Now, come on. Let's go lay down."

I nod, slightly blushing at his words as I stand to my feet and lightly tug on his hand so he'll get up with me. He does, intertwining our fingers as he leads me over to the bed. He lets go of my hand and allows me to get in the bed first.

My eyes dart around the room, looking at any and everything but him, as I feel the mattress dip down and the scent of lavender and vanilla hit my nostrils.

Oh...

That's what I've been smelling on him when we hug or whenever he's close to me.

I like it.

"Go to sleep." He whispers in my ear before placing a kiss there, followed by turning my face towards his and placing more kisses along my jawline, chin, and finally the corner of my mouth before pulling back. I lean in, trying to pick up where he left off, but he only smirks and shakes his head. "Nuh-uh. Sleep."

Slightly pouting, I lay back down and turn over on my side, so that my back is to his front. He immediately wraps his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I close my eyes and sigh softly as he moves my hair and places a soft kiss on the back of my neck.

It was at that moment, while laying in his arms, I realized I was right where I should've always been.