24|| Eye Hate U.

I never thought that U would be the one
After all the things that we've been through
U gave your body 2 another in the name of fun
I hope U had some baby, if not, boo hoo

Amelie's POV

I froze, my eyes shooting open and my almost calm breathing quickening slightly

I froze, my eyes shooting open and my almost calm breathing quickening slightly. I would've dropped my phone had it not been for my quick reflexes.

"Am, are you still there?"

"Yeah. Josie, tell me that's not Zayn there with you," I pleaded lowly, barely catching what Josie just asked, pausing to let out a shaky breath. My head was spinning. I hoped my ears were deceiving me, but sure enough, that was his voice. Her silence confirmed what I already knew.

My best friend and my ex? Why?

"Amelie, It's not wh--."

"Josie, just tell me why," I quickly reply, interrupting her before she could finish her sentence, "We've been through everything together, and you have the nerve to sleep with Zayn behind my back?!"

"I'm not sleeping with him, Am! Do you really think I'm stupid enough to intentionally hurt you like that?"

"Well, what the hell am I supposed to think when you completely ignore my calls? And when you finally do decide you want to answer them, I hear my ex's voice asking if he left his watch at your house? Really, Jo?!" I almost screamed into my phone. Kevin clears his throat, glancing at me through the rearview mirror before diverting his attention back to the road. I didn't even have to look to know Prince was staring at me. I could feel him burning a hole on the side of my face.

"Everything okay?" He whispered, once I finally turned my head to look at him, his voice dripping with concern. I sighed softly.

"No," I whispered back, blocking out whatever excuse Josie was trying to give me. Prince takes my hand in his, bringing it up to his mouth and placing a kiss there. That actually made me smile. Only a little. He didn't even ask what was going on, he just mouthed to me that everything would be okay.

"Am, are you listening to me?" Josie called out as I mouthed thank you to Prince. I sighed softly, diverting my attention back to her.

"Yeah, I'm listening, Jo."

"Then what did I say?" There was a brief pause as she waited for my answer. I wanted to crack a smile at that even though I was upset. She always did this to me when she knew I wasn't paying attention to her. She sighed.

"Look, let's talk about this when I get back, Okay?" I told her, closing my eyes and mentally counting to ten to keep the conversation between us calm. Or should I say, keep myself calm. I didn't want to upset her and we end up saying things we'd both regret. A soft sigh leaves our lips at the same time as I continued speaking, "I don't want to think about it while I'm here."