34|| I Can't Make You Love Me.

Turn down these voices inside my head
Lay down with me, tell me no lies
Just hold me close, don't patronize
Don't patronize me

Amelie's POV

I stormed out of Studio B as if it were on fire and let the door slam behind me

I stormed out of Studio B as if it were on fire and let the door slam behind me. If I stayed in there any longer, I would've broken down in front of him.

He can't see me like that. He won't see me like that.

Ever again.

"I'm so stupid, " The tears I'd been trying to hide wouldn't stop flowing now. How could I have been so naive to think Prince had changed? That he was different with me?

I should have seen the signs. Carmen. Nona. Mayte. The tape. The comment about inviting her on the tour. The flirting. The way Rosie gave me that small, apologetic smile. The way Mayte invited herself to rehearsals and backstage after the show. Even Zayn and Josie could see right through Prince.

It was all there. And I chose to ignore it.

Because I loved him.

"I need to get out of here, " I muttered softly, my left hand coming up to wipe away the silent tears that continued to fall. Making my way over to the elevator, I decided it was time that I remove myself from this situation before it gets worse. No, Prince or Mayte hadn't made a move on each other, but I wasn't going to sit around and wait for it to happen. My mind was made up.

I was going to protect my heart.

"Amelie, " I didn't even have to turn around to know exactly who was calling my name. I could decipher that soft, deep voice from a mile away. Instead of responding to him, I just pressed the button to call the elevator with a slight roll of my eyes, "Baby."

I could feel him behind me now, but I wouldn't turn around.

"What?"

"Are you still upset about the phone call?"

"No, I'm not upset, Prince. I'm perfectly fine, " I mutter softly, but there was a hint of sarcasm laced within my tone. His response let me know that he heard it too.

"Don't lie to me. I can tell when you're upset, " He grabs my shoulder, wanting me to turn around and look at him. I shrugged his hand away just as the elevator doors finally opened.

Took them long enough.

"Just go back to the studio, Prince, " I respond quietly as I make my way inside the elevator. He holds the doors open just as they're about to close.

"No. We need to talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Yes, there is, " He joins me in the elevator, making me roll my eyes. I didn't care if he saw it or not. I don't really want to be around him right now. Especially in this elevator.