25|| Crimson And Clover.

Baby, I think I love you
I want to know for sure
Come here and stick it to me one time
You move me.

Prince's POV

"The volume needs to be turned up more in their headsets, please

"The volume needs to be turned up more in their headsets, please. Thank you," I adjusted the microphone in my free hand, bringing it a little closer to my mouth, speaking quietly to the audio engineer as Rosie and the others waited for instructions from me. Amelie yawns softly beside me before resting her head on my shoulder and closing her eyes. I smiled a little, slightly turning my head to look at her. She's so beautiful, is the first thought that comes to mind as my eyes roam over her face. Suddenly, my mouth goes dry and my heart begins to race the longer I stare at her. My eyes widen a little as I lower the mic down to rest on my lap.

What is happening to me?

"Take a picture. It'll last longer," Amelie mutters softly, her tone teasing as she glances up at me with those gorgeous brown eyes and a wide smile. I chuckle nervously and shake my head, trying to play off the fact that she just caught me staring.

"I have no idea what you-."

"P, are we here to rehearse or are you just gonna make googly eyes at your girlfriend all day?" Tony's annoyed voice rang throughout the building, a small frown on his face as he glared at me. I took a breath to calm myself and sighed, bringing the microphone back up to my mouth. We'd been rehearsing all morning without taking a break, so I understood where his frustration was coming from. But that's no excuse for him to speak to me this way.

"Instead of worrying about what I'm doing, how about you, Kirk, and Damon show me the routine you've been working on?" I suggested, my eyebrow raised as if I were daring him to say something else. I hear Rosie giggle from her position on the stage, and it almost made me crack a smile. Tony nods, his lips pressed into a hard line.

"Alright," He mutters, taking his place next to Kirk while Rosie and the others step off the stage and take a seat in the audience in the row in front of us. I place the microphone in my lap, my eyes never leaving the three men on the stage. I silently prayed that they've rehearsed this routine well. We don't have any room for mistakes. Amelie lifts her head from my shoulder to watch them as well, her brown orbs filled with curiosity. I think she was hoping for the best too.

As soon as I wave my hand as a sign to cue the music, the three of them begin to move. Tony occasionally fires off lyrics during the routine. I actually smiled. Everything was going well so far. Until Damon tripped over his own feet during a simple cross, dip, spin move. I sighed and raised my hand, causing everything to cease. Almost immediately, the room that was once alive with music grew eerily quiet.

"Well...that was good. But it needs a little work," Lifting the microphone from my lap and placing it close to my mouth, I finally spoke up after a few minutes of silence. My eyes danced with amusement and I nearly bit a hole on the inside of my cheek trying to suppress the laughter that was threatening to spill from my lips. This wasn't funny, I knew that, but seeing a grown man trip over his own feet...well, I had to admit that was pretty hilarious. Amelie cuts her eyes at me in a playful manner, making me chuckle softly before clearing my throat, proceeding to finish my thought, "We'll go over it more after we take a five-minute break."

"Five?" Rosie was the one to speak up, turning in her seat to look in my direction. Her eyes widened and her eyebrows were raised almost to her hairline. Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but the sight was still comical. I bit my lip, trying to keep her from seeing the smug grin tugging at the corners of my mouth.

"Okay, fifteen then. Come back ready to rehearse," I tell them, my tone light but firm, as I directed that last part toward Tony, Kirk, and Damon. They need to have this routine together before the show. I let out a soft sigh, placing the mic back onto my lap as I watch everyone leave, filing out one by one like little ants until the only two people left in the room were Amelie and I. She smiles, taking my hand in hers and intertwining our fingers. I smile back, gently squeezing her hand.

"I can't believe you were about to make them take only a five-minute break," She tisks me jokingly, narrowing her eyes in a way that made me laugh. She chuckles right along with me, pushing some of her hair away from her face with her free hand as she continues speaking, "You know they needed more than that. They probably need more than fifteen, too."

"I know," I reply, still laughing as I look into her narrowed eyes. She smiles softly as I let out a sigh once my laughter died down. My free hand comes up to the back of my neck while I look down at my lap, my fingers rubbing small circles on my skin as I finish my sentence, "Do...do you think I was too hard on them? I-I just want everything to be perfect, and--."

"You did just fine," She reassures me, her fingers pressed lightly against my lips to prevent me from speaking, "You're a perfectionist, so I understand how much pressure you're in to get everything right. Just don't be so consumed with wanting things to be perfect that you ruin your friendships with them."

I nod, taking in Amelie's words. She's right. The corners of my mouth lift slightly as I bring my eyes back to hers. She breathes a sigh of relief, watching while I bring our hands up to my mouth, turning them slightly so I could press my lips against her soft skin.

"Thank you," I mutter softly, pressing my lips against her skin again, making a soft giggle escape her parted lips.

"You're welcome."

"Speaking of not letting things ruin friendships..."

"Here we go," I hear her mumble softly, her eyes rolling with my every word. I chuckled.

"Stop it. I'm just trying to tell you not to let Zayn come between you and Josie."

"You heard that?" She asks, her cheeks turning a beautiful rose color. I nod, smiling a little.

"I heard enough to put two and two together," I reply, tucking her hair behind her ear with my free hand, letting my fingers gently brush against her earlobe, "You should talk things out with her soon."

"I will," The moment those words left her lips, the door opened, letting us know everyone was back from break. Their indistinct chatter and soft laughter as they filed in made me smile.

"Hey, P," Tony walks over to us, a smirk playing on the corners of his lips. My eyes widen slightly as they land on the petite female figure trailing behind him, her soft black curls bouncing on her shoulders with every step.

Why do I feel like I've seen her before?

"Tony, who is this?" Amelie speaks up before I can with a small frown and a slightly confused smile. I look at her and back at Tony, my eyebrow raised, waiting for his answer.

"She says she was the one on that tape her mother sent you."

A/N: Laying in bed with a cold. I had a little energy left in me to type this up for you all. I hope you enjoy 😊 Yes, I know the gif I used is from the Lovesexy Tour, but I couldn't resist incorporating it into this lol. Happy New Year! 💜