33|| She's Always In My Hair [Pt. 2]

Whenever I feel like not too great at all
Whenever I'm all alone
And even if I hit the wrong notes
She's always in my boat
She's always there
Tellin' me how much she cares
She's always in my hair

Whenever I feel like not too great at allWhenever I'm all aloneAnd even if I hit the wrong notesShe's always in my boatShe's always thereTellin' me how much she caresShe's always in my hair

After hanging up with Josie, I took a deep, shaky breath and exhaled. I had to prepare myself for what Prince could possibly tell me his reasoning was for being on the phone that early. I'm going to let him explain himself and try not to get upset or walk out. No matter if what he has to say will hurt me.

"Here we go," I spoke quietly to myself, pulling back the warm blankets, preparing to drag myself out of bed, "It's now or never, Amelie."

Minutes seemed to turn into hours as I worked up the courage to walk down the long corridor toward the elevator, tying the strings of my soft pink robe along the way.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be. When you get in there, just ask him, " I muttered as the elevator doors opened and I stepped inside, taking my place in the corner after pressing the button to head down to the studio. The only thing I could focus on to distract me was how cold the metal bar was as I held onto it.

But even that wasn't enough to keep me from thinking about him.

Ding.

I jumped slightly at the sound of the elevator indicating that I've made it to the correct floor. Sighing softly, I stepped out as soon as the doors opened. I have no idea why i'm so on edge right now. Everything was fine until Mayte started showing up. Now, I have to worry about another woman trying to sabotage the relationship I'm trying to build with Prince.

I can't let that happen.

I won't let that happen.

"Amelie. Hi, " I stopped in my tracks the moment I heard my name and turned to my left. I didn't realize Crystal, Prince's personal chef, was still here.

"Hi. I didn't know you were still here, " Feeling the corners of my lips turn upward, I made my way into the kitchen and stood in front of the island.

"I was actually on my way out, but I should be back in a couple of hours."

"Oh okay."

"Were you looking for Prince?" She asked, returning the smile. I nodded, watching her face for any sign that he may have left while I was sleeping.

"Mmm-hmm. I think he said he'd be working on his album in Studio B. Or was it A? I'm not sure," Tucking my bottom lip between my teeth, my eyes narrowed slightly as i tried to remember exactly which studio he'd be in. At this moment, I wish I hadn't been half-asleep last night when he told me.

"Oh, he's locked away in Studio B, hon. I just came from there."

"Okay. Thank you."

"Of course. And please take this with you since you're going to see him," Crystal turned away to grab something out of the fridge before facing me again, "He barely ate two bites of his breakfast. I told him if he didn't like it i'd make him something else. He just shook his head and quietly let me know that he wasn't hungry and he had a lot of work to do. So, I made him this smoothie in case he changes his mind and wrapped up the rest of his food."