12|| U Know.

"And as a matter of fact I would have gave U back, but then he had a heart attack when U made him pack and said his shack without U would be better, better."

"Don't even think about it

"Don't even think about it." Zayn cautioned, speaking through gritted teeth. His grip on my wrist tightened a little, making my eyes grow larger at the jolt of pain slowly inching up my forearm. To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

This was the first time he'd ever handled me in this manner. And it was going to be the last.

"You're hurting me, Zayn. Let go." I cry out, trying to wriggle myself free from his grasp. It only made his grip tighten more. "Please."

"Oh, this is nothing compared to the way you've hurt me."

"I didn't do anything with him I swear! Please let me go!."

"Fine. I better not find out anything different. Stay away from him." He orders gruffly as he finally lets me go. I nod, rubbing soothing circles into my wrist. I agree to stay away from Prince even though I know It'll be hard for me.

"I think you need to leave." I blurt out suddenly after a few minutes of silence. He frowned.

"What? Why?"

"Because you need to calm down. And you're not doing it here."

"This is my house, Amelie. You can't just kick me out of here."

"Oh, this is your house now?." I replied with a slight nod and a low chuckle. "Okay."

He sighed, his anger slowly subsiding. He reaches out for me, but I back away. "You know I didn't mean it like that, baby."

"Whatever. Just go, Zayn."

"Fine." He mumbles, walking out of the kitchen and to the bedroom.

Once he was gone, I finally released a breath I'd been holding in. I couldn't believe that just happened.

Taking another shaky breath, eyes filling with tears, I walk over to the kitchen table, pull out one of the chairs, and sit down.

"No, you will not cry over him, Amelie." I mutter to myself through gritted teeth, refusing to let a tear fall.

After what he'd just done, Zayn wasn't worth any type of emotion I could even try to muster up for him.

"I'm leaving." Zayn announced once he finally came out of the room, his overnight bag on his shoulder.

"Okay." I mutter as I look over at him, my tone soft. He frowned a little.

"I tell you I'm leaving and that's all you have to say? Okay?."

"Don't forget to lock the door behind you."

He scoffs, but says nothing as he walks away.

Finally hearing the door slam, I close my eyes and let out a long sigh.

How am I going to tell everyone the wedding was off?

I could just hear my parents now, telling me I should've listened to them. To me, that was ten times worse than them saying I told you so.

The shrill sound of my cellphone ringing interrupted my thoughts, almost making me jump out of my skin. I reached into my pocket, pulled out my phone, and answered it without looking at the caller Id.

"Hello?"

"Amelie." The soft, deep baritone on the other end of the line made my heart race.

I didn't think he'd really call.

"Prince....Hi...." I said softly, a small smile playing on the corners of my lips, but it didn't meet my eyes. "I didn't think I'd hear from you."

He let out a deep chuckle. "I apologize for not calling right away. I actually just got off stage not too long ago. I was going to call you as soon as I got back to the hotel, but I ended up dozing off as soon as my head hit the pillow."

"Oh. It's okay. I know you were tired."

There was a brief silence and the sound of his light breathing. I chuckled softly.

"Did you fall asleep on me?"

"Maybe." He says jokingly, laughing a little. I gasp. "I'm just kidding."

"Better be."

"Oh, I better be, huh?" He replies, another deep chuckle slipping from his lips. His voice dropped an octave lower, sending chills down my spine. "Or what? Hmm?What are you gonna do if I wasn't joking?"

"...."

"Cat got your tongue, mama? You had a lot to say just a few minutes ago, now you're quiet."

I chuckle softly at his teasing tone. "No. I just didn't have anything else to say."

"Oh really?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"What are you doing right now?" He asks, suddenly changing the subject. I sigh softly.

"Sitting at my kitchen table." I murmur, not really wanting to get into what just occurred between Zayn and I.

"Oh. Why does it sound like you've been crying?" He asks, concern dripping from his tone as he noticed the slight tremble in my voice. I sighed.

"I'm fine, Prince. Really."

"No, you're not. Don't lie to me."

"I'm not-."

"Yes you are." He interrupts me in a soft yet firm tone. "Now, tell me what's wrong."

Another soft sigh escapes my lips as the tears I tried to hold back fell. With a light sniff, I responded barely above a whisper, "I broke up with him."

"What happened, baby?" Was his response back, a sigh leaving his own lips. I cleared my throat, trying to make my voice as steady as possible.

"We were arguing over-." I began and stopped myself. I didn't know how to tell him that the argument was over him.

"Over what? Tell me."

"Over you. We were arguing over you."

"Me?" He says, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "Why?"

"Well, I did something Zayn wasn't too happy about."

"Okay...what does that have to do with me?"

"I umm...I called out your name while Zayn and I were about to make love." I confessed softly, suddenly feeling the need to hide even though he wasn't here with me.

"You called out my name?"

"Mmm-hmm."

"You were thinking about me while you were with him?"

"Yes. But that's not the point, Prince. Please focus."

"Alright, mama. I'm listening." He replies with a light chuckle. I continued.

"Well, long story short, he ended up finding out about you and I being at the airport together. And let's just say things got a little heated. Mainly on Zayn's end."

The sharp intake of breath I heard from him let me know he wasn't too happy about this.

"Did he hit you?." The question left his lips so calmly, making me almost afraid to say anything.

"No. But he grabbed my wrist really tight." I confess, my wrist still slightly throbbing.

There was an eerie silence after a few minutes, making me think he'd hung up, until I heard his light breathing.

What he said next made my eyes widen.

"Pack a bag and come to me."