13|| Sweet Baby.

"Sweet baby, hold your tears back now
Better days gonna come your way soon
Oh yeah, sweet baby, someway, somehow."

Pack a bag and come to me

Those seven little words gave me so much comfort and held so much meaning. I never realized how much I needed to hear them until they left Prince's lips.

After our phone call ended, I got up from my seat at the kitchen table and quickly went to pack my suitcase. I wasn't sure how I would get to him once I make it to the airport, but he told me he'd take care of everything, so I'm going to trust him.

For now.

With a soft sigh and a single tear making its way down my cheek, I walked into the living room with my suitcase in tow, and walked toward the front door. My hand hovered over the doorknob as I turned and took one last glimpse at the life I thought I wanted.

Things weren't supposed to turn out this way. Zayn and I were planning our lives together. We were happy.

Or so I thought.

"It's better this way." I mutter to myself, mentally making the decision to gather all of my belongings when I return. If I don't, Zayn would do his best to try and convince me to stay. Turning toward the door, I opened it and walked out, not wanting to look back anymore. After closing the door and locking it, I made my way to my car, opened the trunk, placed my suitcase inside, closed the trunk, and got into the car. Once I was in the car and my seat belt was on, I started the engine and drove off, making my way to the airport.

"Look.There she is!."

"Amelie, are you on your way to see Prince?."

I scoffed, ignoring the paparazzi's question as I quickly made my way into the airport. I have no idea how they figured out who I was or how they knew I'd be here, but what I did know was I didn't like it.

And I was definitely glad they weren't allowed to follow me any further.

Once I was inside, I sat down in a chair and waited until my flight was called. Hopefully it would be soon.

"Check your e-mail. I just booked you a flight."

"What?"

"I said, check your e-mail. I just booked you a flight."

"Oh really? A flight where?"

"London."

"London?! Prince, I can't--."

"Yes, you can. What's stopping you?"