31|| Lolita (Pt. 2)

Ur eyes Ur mouth
Ur curly hair
U're bad no doubt
But eye must beware

Prince's POV

"Great show tonight everyone," I called out as we filed backstage after the final song ended

"Great show tonight everyone," I called out as we filed backstage after the final song ended. My energy was at an all-time high. Yes, I was exhausted, but the roar of the crowd made me want to keep the show going the entire night. Unfortunately, as much as I wanted to, I couldn't. This was the last stop on the tour and I had to get back so I could continue working on my album. It's due next year and I can't put it off any longer.

"Was that an actual compliment? From Prince? I'm shocked," Tony was the first to speak up, a smirk playing on the corners of his lips. I shook my head, chuckling softly.

"Yes, it was. You guys really stepped up for this last show and I'm impressed. All of your hard work paid off tonight."

"Thanks, P."

"You're welcome," I smiled, but my attention was elsewhere at the moment as my eyes scanned the area around me, "Has Amelie made it back here yet?"

"I don't think so," Rosie replied softly, her brows furrowed, "Would you like me to check if she's still in the audience?"

"No, that's okay. I'll just tell security to let her come back here if they see her." Giving her a small smile, I gently patted her shoulder in reassurance. On the inside, I was upset. Prior to arriving here, I specifically told security I needed a place for Amelie to watch the show backstage. She should've been here right now. By my side, or at least waiting for me in my dressing room. Not in the audience.

"Alright."

Letting out another sigh, I turned and walked away, in search of security. On the way, I felt someone grab my hand. A soft, feminine hand slipping into mine. I smiled, thinking Amelie found her way backstage, but when I turned around I was a little surprised by who I saw.

"Hey. What are you doing back here?" I chuckled, slowly removing my hand from hers. She smiled, not really noticing the change.

"I, umm, I snuck back here after the show," She confessed, her hand coming up to rest on her slightly reddened cheek. As much as I tried, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I was intrigued, yet I knew standing here, staring into another woman's eyes, is completely wrong.

Amelie, hurry up and get back here.

"Oh, I didn't know you stayed. I thought you went home."

"I was, but I decided last minute that I wanted to be here for the final show. And I wanted to have the chance to talk to you before I leave."

"Talk to me? About what?"

There was a brief silence before she answered, a hint of a smile resting on the corners of her lips, "Just to tell you how much I enjoyed the show and how well you did."