21|| Billy Jack Bitch [Pt. 1]

"What if I called U silly names
Just like the ones that U call me?
What if I filled your eyes with tears
So many that U cannot see?"

Amelie's POV

"So, he just kept watching the tape like nothing happened? Like you weren't even in the room with him at all?"

"Yeah," I muttered softly, reaching over to grab a couple of tissues from the box on the nightstand. I couldn't stand there watching him watch this tape any longer, so I left the studio and went back into his room to call Josie. I took a moment to wipe my eyes and blow my nose before speaking again, "But that's not what's bothering me, Jo. I knew about the tape. We were supposed to watch it together. It was the way he was looking at her-."

"The little girl?"

"You know what? Nevermind. This is silly. I shouldn't be crying over a tape."

"Exactly. What you should be doing is going with him. Not letting him go by himself," Josie's matter-of-fact tone caught me off guard for a moment, but I didn't think anything of it. She's right. I should be going with him.

"But-," I began, getting cut off by the sound of my phone beeping, letting me know someone was on the other line. I looked at the caller ID and groaned, "Great. Just what I need. Hold on a second, Jo."

"Okay."

"You shouldn't be calling me," I spoke lowly into the phone the moment I clicked over. He sighed.

"I know. I just needed to hear your voice."

"Zayn, I told you we're done. You can't keep blowing up my phone like this."

"I know. I've been trying to get ahold of you because I wanted to apologize for the way I acted the last time we were together. I wasn't myself."

"Zayn-."

"No. Let me finish. I wasn't the best fiancé, and I know that now. I should've listened to you more. And I shouldn't have put my hands on you. No matter how upset I was. I don't expect you to forgive me. All I'm asking is that you give me a chance to make this right."

"Zayn. I have to go. Please don't call me again," The words left my lips just as quickly as the fresh tears slid down my cheeks. Did he really just expect me to forgive him and take him back like nothing happened?

"Amelie, don't do this. I love you," Zayn pleads, his voice slightly cracking. As much as I hated hurting him, I knew I had to do this in order for him and I to truly move on without each other.

"It's over. I'm sorry, Zayn."

"So, that's it? It's over just like that?"

"Yes. I've already told you I was done with this relationship, but apparently I wasn't clear on that," I mumble softly with a sigh, sniffling lightly, "Me asking you to leave wasn't an invitation back into my life. It was a way for you to clear your head so we can discuss everything after you've calmed down. I was going to call you when I was ready. Besides, I've moved on now. You should too."