27|| Mountains.

"...The sea surrounded them and together they would be the only thing that ever made u cry.
U said the devil told u that another mountain would appear every time somebody broke your heart.
He said the sea would 1 day overflow with all your tears, and love will always leave u lonely..."

Amelie's POV

The ride back to the hotel was a silent one

The ride back to the hotel was a silent one. I hated it because it brought me to a place that I've been trying to avoid. My own thoughts. I couldn't deal with them right now. With him. Numb is the only word to describe how i'm feeling after what Rosie revealed to me about Prince. He's been with Carmen, Nona, who's next? Mayte?

As much as I'm unwilling to admit it, maybe Zayn was right after all. Maybe Prince isn't the type to settle down with one woman.

"Baby?" Prince quietly calls out to me, the low tone of his voice bringing me back to reality. I sighed softly, turning away from the window to look at him, saying nothing in response as he surveyed my face, his hazel orbs searching mine, "You go on up to the room and relax, I'm gonna give you some time alone for a little while. Okay?"

We're here already? I must've been too out of it to notice.

A small smile and nod was all I could give without wanting to cry. He smiles back, scooting a bit closer and taking my hand in his. My eyes narrow in a half-joking manner as he leans in, his face mere inches from mine. His lips parted slightly, moving closer. I turned my head, allowing his mouth to land softly on my cheek instead.

That's all he would be getting from me right now.

"It's like that, huh?" He brings his hand up to the side of my face, brushing his knuckles along my skin. Stifling a giggle, I tried to avoid those amber irises that seemed to bore into my soul. I couldn't understand how he could make me laugh even when I'm supposed to be mad at him. Another brush of his knuckles along my skin brought me out of my thoughts, "Baby, look at me."

"No."

"Please?"

With a soft sigh, I gave in, turning my head so that my eyes were locked with his.

"You don't wanna kiss me?" The playful tone in his voice combined with the way he poked out his bottom lip almost made me laugh out loud. I grinned, shaking my head at his silliness. He chuckled, "There's that smile I was looking for."

"I'm going up to the room now," My smile widened as my anger toward him was slowly subsiding. "When will you be back?"

"I'll only be gone about an hour or two," He responded, tucking my hair behind my ear. I shivered slightly under his touch as his middle finger traced the shell of my ear, "Why? You wanna explore the city with me?"

"I said I'd let you know, remember?"

"You also said you'd tell me why you were so upset at rehearsals. Remember that?" He countered, raising a perfect eyebrow. My mouth opened, preparing to say something to him, but I quickly closed it again. He was right. I couldn't deny that. The sly smirk that played on the corners of his lips took me back to when we first met. It made me smile.