35|| You're My Love.

You wanna know what I see in you
Well I can't really say for sure
All I know is I need you
More than I've ever needed
Anyone else before

Prince's POV

I kissed Amelie's forehead as she took my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers

I kissed Amelie's forehead as she took my hand in hers, intertwining our fingers. A soft sigh escaped my lips as the tense muscles in my body finally relaxed.

I almost lost her. Over a phone call.

This was on me. I know that. Now, I have to make things right between us. Before I lose her for good.

"You scared me. You know that?" I confessed, speaking softly after clearing my throat, "When you packed up and was on your way out the door. I thought you were really going to leave me."

"I was, " She spoke quietly, almost afraid to raise her voice as she sat up and turned to face me, "After what I've been through since I've met you, I was ready to walk out the door, leave you behind and never look back. But, my heart wouldn't let me do it."

"Why?"

"If I left you at that moment, I would be giving in to my own insecurities. But, if you were to tell me right now you wanted to be with her, I would let you go. Because I love you enough to leave. And I love myself enough to know when it's time to let go."

The silent tears rolling down her cheeks shattered my heart into a million pieces, but I knew she was speaking the truth. I've been so wrapped up in finishing this tour and getting this album together that I didn't realize how much this was hurting her.

"I'm so sorry, baby, " Using my thumb to brush away the tiny droplets of water that represented her quiet suffering, I looked into her eyes, making a vow to myself that I would never hurt her again, "I've been so into my obligations that I haven't even questioned how you were feeling about me being on tour, the album, Mayte...just everything that's been going on since we've been together."

"It's okay, really." Giving me a small smile that didn't meet her eyes, I knew she was just trying to make it seem like everything was fine when it wasn't, "I'm just being overdramatic."

"No, you have every right to express your feelings when something is bothering you."

"Even if it's something about Mayte?"

"What about Mayte?" Chuckling softly, my brows furrowed at her question. She sighed softly.

"You're laughing, but I really think she's trying to pursue you, " Eyebrow raised, her tone was serious as she held my gaze, "I know you say you're not interested in her, but what if she attempts to throw herself at you again?"

"Then I won't take the bait."

"Oh."

"What? You thought I would?" I grinned, shaking my head at how all of this sounds. I'm with the woman I want to be with. There's no doubt in my mind about that. Mayte or any other woman will not change that.

"No, I just, " She sighed softly, her beautiful brown orbs shifting from mine to the floor, "I don't know what I thought. I do know that I can't lose you."

"You won't lose me, baby. You're the only woman I want to be with. No one else is going to come between us."

"You don't know that."

"You're right, I don't, " I spoke quietly, taking both of her hands in mine, "But I do know I'd be no good if you were to ever leave me. I need you, baby."

"More than you need Mayte on this tour you're planning?" She half-joked, a small smirk playing on the corners of her lips. I chuckled, but I knew she was serious.

"Of course, baby. Way more than I needed anything."

"Good."

"Good? That's it?" I teased, smiling, "What if I had said no?"

"Then you'd be sleeping in another room or I'd go back home, " She shot back with a grin and a wink, making me laugh. I pulled her closer to me by the hem of her shirt, causing her to squeal as she lightly fell into my chest. Chuckling softly, I wrapped my arms around her, giving her a kiss on the top of her head.

"Yeah, right. You're not leaving and I'm definitely not sleeping in another room."

"Really? We'll see about that."

"I guess we will, won't we, " After giving another kiss on top of her head, I laid back on the bed, gently pulling her down with me.

"So, what's on the agenda today?" Amelie asks, her soft giggles subsiding after a few minutes. I sighed, not really wanting to leave the house, but I knew I had to.

"Well...I've got to meet with Nona to go over the final lyrics of the song I was trying to tell you about. Just to see if we're happy with them and if we're ready to start recording."

"Okay. When are you planning to release it?"

"Not for a while, " Speaking quietly, my fingers trail up and down her arm, "I've got other projects coming out before it."

"Oh. What time are you two supposed to meet?" I could hear the jealousy in her tone, though she probably wouldn't admit it. She had nothing to worry about and I would prove it to her everyday if I had to.

She's the only woman that means everything to me.

"We're supposed to be meeting--about an hour ago."

"Mr. be on time is an hour late? I don't believe it."

"Very funny, " Stifling a laugh, I attempted to be serious about this and failed. She giggled.

"What? I'm just surprised you're late that's all, " Smiling, her hand came up and brushed a few strands of hair away from my face, "You always make sure you're on time."

"Well, I'm busy having an important conversation with you right now. Nona can wait. There's no rush to get to the studio."

"I just don't want her to think you bailed on the session to be with me, " Eyebrow raised, a smirk remained on my lips as I leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on her forehead, nose and lips.

"Well, that is kinda what I'm doing, babe, " Brushing her hair away from her face, I gave her another kiss before continuing what I had to say, "You're more important than any song or studio time. And she's not the only one I'm bailing on."

"Oh really?"

"Mmm-hmm. I have an album photoshoot to get to after I leave the studio."

"Well, you'd better get going then, " The smile making its way to her lips made me get that familiar feeling in the pit of my stomach again. I haven't felt this way in a very long time. Too long.

Caressing the side of her face, I returned her smile, "I am. And you're coming with me."

"Are you sure? I don't want to be in the way."

"You wouldn't, babe. I want you there with me."

"Well, I guess it would be nice to see what photos you're going to pick for the cover, " Smiling again, she slightly rolled her eyes, probably thinking I didn't catch it, but I did, "...And finally meet Nona."

"That's all I needed to hear, " I was calm on the outside, but inside, I was a little nervous about Amelie and Nona meeting.

I hope everything goes well.