Chapter 4 - Nigel Quintin Ulysses

CHAPTER 4
NIGEL QUINTIN ULYSSES

The moment I step into the room, all eyes fall into me. I smile once I see my friends motioning me to come forward. Rico is showing me his cellphone, giving me a happy grin as he jiggles the phone in his hand. Apparently Stephanie, the one he's been courting ever since he has known her, said yes when he asked her out on a date.

"Nice one, Rico," I tell him as I approach them. Rico turns his phone to him and types rapidly on his cellphone. I roll my eyes at his eagerness. Rico is so in love with Stephanie and ever since he met her, his eyes are only for Stephanie. Though Stephanie only treated him before as a friend, when Rico had the balls to ask her out, Stephanie became awkward when it came around Rico but she eventually said yes because Rico is a persistent little asshole. "So when's the date and where will it be?"

Rico actually blushes, shaking his head. The guys laugh at him, saying that he will be whipped once they're together. "You guys are a complete assholes." Rico mutters under his breath, shoving his phone back in his left pocket.

Grinning, I congratulate him once again and when I'm about to take a seat in my usual seat, there's someone sitting on it. I let out a frown first, but when his eyes meet mine, I see how blue his eyes are – they are so beautiful, as if they could replace the sun and the moon, the ocean and everything beautiful in this world. His blonde hair is pushed back neatly and the way he dresses, it gives me a gentleman-ish look. His eyes bore into mine and I feel like he can see right through me, can see my soul, and I feel naked and vulnerable all of a sudden.

My feet are glued on the ground and I can't move any single muscle. The world slowly tilts and I get dizzy all of a sudden, my heart stopping. His eyes and he are the only thing I can see in my peripheral vision. I try to look away, but his eyes hold me as captive.

"Are you okay, bro?" Rico asks as he puts a hand on my shoulder, looking at me worriedly. "You've become pale. Something wrong?"

I shake my head, thanking that there's a distraction. Rico doesn't look convince but lets it go. Instead of asking what he's doing in my seat (because I'm really not an asshole or a jerk, but sometimes I am), I choose the one next to him instead. His eyes linger, follow me while I take a seat and his gaze is burning with something. His gaze is intense, directed at me. I shut my eyes, breathing shallowly, trying to calm my now racing heart.

"Mine, mine, mine," the guy next to me whispers while staring at me. I block out his words because... because when he said mine, I feel like every part of me is being drawn to him. Eventually he stops, then I hear him curse under his breath while I still try to calm my heart. It takes a couple of minutes before I regain composure and I stare ahead, not looking in my left nor my right. His gaze lingered at me for a few seconds before he trained his eyes forward.

There's still five minutes left before this period starts and I feel like it's the worst five minutes ever of my life. Never have I been so excited for the class to start just to have some major distraction. There's this urge to reach him out, to get to know him, but I stop myself because I, Nigel Quintin Ulysses, don't do that. Usually it's them introducing themselves to me – I don't really have a problem with me introducing myself, but I feel like... I'm threatened. Yeah, that's it. I'm only threatened.

When the school's strictest Mathematic teacher Ms. Brittany Johnson (because me, Rico, Daniel, and Luis are always thinking she's always PMSing) comes in and glares at all of us – everybody stiffens at that, I feel grateful. This is the first period – which really sucks. If I hadn't met a guy with the bluest blue eyes I've ever seen in my whole life, I wouldn't consider this subject awesome.