Chapter 37 - Nigel Quintin Ulysses

Chapter 37
Nigel Quintin Ulysses

The demon and angel have arrived, and we're huddled to a room called the Great Hall. The other Alphas are also here, being within the united packs. Kieran is looking at me with a worried look, and Marcus looks like he's about to take my hand away and run. I give him a small smile, but Marcus has a way to know what my feelings really are. And right now, I'm scared.

Everyone looks at me expectantly, and I feel my heart beating fast.

And it's not in a good way.

First, I introduce my name to the angel and demon. There are beads of sweat forming on my forehead, trickling down to my cheek. I open my mouth and explain it to them, my voice wavering. I'm really scared. My eyes meet Marcus' and he bites his lower lip, concern and fear evident in his eyes. I would love running away with him, but what I saw in my head concerns all of us, and if I don't tell anyone about this, our lives might be in great dangers. That's the last thing I want to happen to all of us, and especially to Marcus.

"I encountered someone in my dream. I don't know if... it felt real. He was a guy with wings, black and white." The demon looks at me with his dark eyes and a shiver runs down my spine. He looks scary and intimidating. Though this is not the first time I've seen him, but that doesn't mean that it made him less intimidating. "He mentioned about two entities – one angel and one demon, being a hybrid. Leandre told us about you guys being the hybrid, that's why he brought you here immediately."

"What about it? What did he say about us being a hybrid?" The angel asks us and I see fear in his eyes, reflecting mine.

"He said there was – ugh," Abyzou. I don't know why it pops up in my head, but as soon as the name gets out of my mouth, something clicks inside me.

Suddenly I'm at place where I can see everyone, but I can't move any muscle. I'm glued to the ground, and everything around me is dark. Yes, I can still see them. This will only take a while... you need to trust me, Nigel. I calm my breathing, but the more I think about what's happening, the more scared I get. It's not because there's this Abyzou guy talking now to my mate and everyone in the room, but it's because of the fact that I was once a normal teenager who had a passion for basketball and who had a loving girlfriend Julia. And now, suddenly I'm the Guardian of the Mortals. Can you fucking believe it?

When it's all done, I can finally breathe freely and I cough out loud, and Marcus immediately runs to me and hugs me tight. He has this panic look on his face and that's when I break down. Tears run down my cheeks and I hug him back, not wanting to let him go, as if my life depends on it. Marcus plants a kiss on my forehead and it immediately calms me down. He lifts my chin up and kisses me gently on the lips, and it's enough to calm my beating heart.

"Do you want to take a rest?" He asks me, fear still swimming in his beautiful eyes. I nod at him and he helps me stand up. "They're gone. I think they've basically accepted their future and the impending war. And it's all thanks to you. Just let me know if it's unbearable anymore and I'll think of something to resolve it."

"You are no doubt the best mate in the world," I tell him and his face softens.

"Nonsense. I'm lucky to have you." Marcus leans down and kisses me again on the lips, to which I oblige and accept. He nibbles on my lower lip, biting gently and I let out a moan. He pulls out and rests his forehead against mine. "I love you."

Every time he says he loves me, my heart always somersaults. How can I be so lucky to have this werewolf standing in front of me as my mate? How did I get so lucky? And is it weird to say that I love him so fucking much?