Chapter 41 - Marcus Pierce

Chapter 41
Marcus Pierce

There has been multiple attacks of rogues in the other packs, but this time it got worse. After I contacted a few Alphas and offered them help to which they gladly accepted, they told me that this time, they've allied themselves with hunters. Hunters! Hunter's for fuck's sake! Who know Hunters had the heart to ally themselves with what they hate the most – werewolves.

Now it's really not safe for my mate to walk into his school every weekdays, especially that the school he's going to is within the borderline of another pack I tried to go to before meeting my mate. That pack could be the next target and I'm panicking right now because it's just 4 in the afternoon and my mate leaves school at 5 and he might be in danger and I'm not there to protect him and it's going to be my fucking fault for not being there beside him. Even my wolf is having anxiety right now, whining and thinking about the endless possibilities about what could end up. I really hate this feeling. This is one of the feelings I don't have control to, and the only way for me to feel at ease is to really confirm that my mate is safe.

As if Nigel is sensing my uneasiness, which I know he does because he has now a senses of a werewolf even though he's not completely a werewolf, which is awesome by the way, he emerges from behind me and wraps his thin but long arms around me. He buries his face in my back and I immediately sigh in relief. I've been overthinking things that I didn't get a chance to smell his presence. Damn it.

"I know you've been freaking out. I can feel it." Nigel mumbles and I turn around. He unlatches his arms around me and looks at me through his lashes and I can't help but smile because he's the cutest boyfriend and mate ever. "I know that there have been attacks of rogues to different packs, and the attack pattern isn't clear, and I know I can protect myself considering I just have this... power, but for your sake, I want you to see me in one piece and unharmed."

"Thank you," my wolf immediately yips and I chuckle.

Grabbing his hand while my thumb gently draws circle on his skin, I pull him closer to me and rest my forehead against his. Nigel shuts his eyes. The sun is just about to go down, the sky an orange hue, the light hitting his face and it gives him this aesthetic look that's worth Instagram-ing. Not that I have that application. I don't even have a phone. I mean I do, but I don't. Not really. Phone isn't that much important to me. But if I do have an Instagram, you already have an idea whose face is going to be uploaded every minute. Yes, you guess it right, it's my damn mate and no one else and I'm probably going to put captions like: This is Nigel. He's mine and only mine, or Everyone, back off! This is my fucking mate and no one's allowed to look longer, thirsty-fuckers!

"I know you have this awesome power now, and no doubt you can protect yourself, but I just can't help it, you know? I mean, I have the handsomest mate and I don't want him getting hurt."

Nigel blushes, burying his face in my chest. I grin. "You're an idiot."

"I know," I reply, guiding his hands around my waist and we sway gently, making sounds of the nature as our music. "Also, I'm crazily, deeply, madly in love with you."

"Only fools rush in,"

"But I can't help falling in love with you."

"Did we just quote-unquote a song?"

"We did."

"Should we continue?"

"Hell yes,"